Nokia is looking for a managing editor that combines the creativity of a writer with the practical focus of an operations manager. You should be able to suggest ideas for stories, see them through to publication and then find ways to package them for additional engagement. You will be well versed in the craft of creating and executing thought leadership content. The Managing Editor reports to the Head of CX Campaign Strategy and Editorial and is an integral part of the team that leads our Thought Leadership program for Nokia.
To be successful in this role, you will need to know how to find and tell a good story. But you don’t need to do it alone, so you will also need to be able to work with internal and external writers to turn these stories into great editorial content that positions Nokia as a thought leader and builds our brand awareness with large CSPs and Enterprises globally. You’ll also need to have a strong grasp of content marketing best practices so you can continue to improve engagement. You’ll need to understand our technology, at a high level, and how it can address our customers’ needs as well.
You will build the editorial calendar, while working with a broader team to identify priority topics, develop story angles and discover the content types for the best results. The candidate will need to be willing to try new approaches and creative ways to build human and engaging content that communicates a unique Nokia point-of-view. The candidate shares an ambition to make content an integral part of and key contributor to Nokia’s business.
- Build highly creative and impactful editorial content that forms the foundation of our thought leadership campaign.
- Know our audience, what they need, what resonates and how to tell an engaging story to them.
- Understand our business and where thought leadership content can have the most impact on growing pipeline.
- Measure results and constantly look for ways to tune and improve them.
- Serve as the editor of all thought leadership content, ensuring content is engaging, human, and helpful while being aligned with our content strategy and brand guidelines.
- Help to run the editorial board meetings and plan the calendar while enforcing deadlines.
- 10+ years developing editorial content for a B2B technology company or at an agency working for B2B clients.
- Proven experience as a brand journalist, managing editor and/or content marketer.
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing.
- High level of creativity and drive to create content that stands out.
- Excellent communication skills – writing, presenting and listening.
- Ability to travel about 10-15% of the time in the future.
- Ability to drive projects from A to B in complex global organizations.
- Ability to deliver on multiple ongoing and aggressive timelines; and.
- Ability to collaborate, learn and challenge teams you work with to get better.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in Journalism, Communications or related degree.
Want more Managing Editor jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Content Author jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Writer jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.