Manager, UX DesignerThis job listing has expired
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We’re looking for a Lead UX Designer that is a little bit of each of these:
A Customer Advocate:
People who experience your designs should feel like we really know them. That’s possible when we keep our customers (and people who aren’t yet our customers) at the core of all our designs. You cultivate a deep empathy for people and their needs that you bring to all your designs.
A Design Thinker:
You’ll lead humancentered design activities to frame real business problems and customer hypotheses, prototype lowfidelity ways of solving that problem, and then design fullscale experiences that serve millions of customers.
A Design Maker:
Foremost you’re a UX Designer who is thoughtful about end-to-end interactions that will delight customers. You obsess over the details. You think across channels and aren’t afraid to go outside your comfort zone to design in new ways. You’re passionate about design, telling product stories and solving problems for people.
Specifically, you will:
- Apply strategic thinking to design and design effective, engaging endtoend experiences which balance user needs, business goals, and technological realities across platforms
- Communicate designs through sketches, flows, customer journeys, and wireframes to aid with cross-disciplinary team communication, collaboration and development.
- Create lightweight prototypes which communicate the intent of initial ideas and concepts with the goal of galvanizing the team toward solving a common outcome for our customer.
- Collaborate effectively with researchers, product management, development, marketing, and other team members
- Use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you
- Learn about our customers and gather feedback on your design concepts in partnership with our research team.
What you bring:
- Previous experience in working through discovery research, synthesis, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts in an Agile environment
- A generative work style. You are able to prototype rapidly in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity. (physical, digital, low and hifidelity, tangible and conceptual)
- The ability to translate insight and strategy into concept prototypes and communicate your vision through your artifacts
- A strength in using storytelling to share your discoveries, influence stakeholders and create energy around an idea or an initiative
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present work and interface with all levels of management - negotiating and influencing to build consensus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Cognitive Science, User Centered Design, Fine Arts or other related field, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in ux design (in-house or client-side) designing digital products and features for mobile or desktop, native or web.
- Master’s degree
- Keen skills in visual design and typography
- Experience in designing and facilitating group collaboration sessions.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
*When applying, please ensure you attach your most up to date CV and portfolio (or a link to your website).
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Graphic Designer FTC
Closing 14 February 2018
- AF Selection
- West Midlands
- perm, temp to perm
- £28,000 to 31,000 p/a
Senior Graphic Designer - Award Winning Agency
Closing 9 February 2018
- Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment
- £25,000 to 35,000 p/a
Want more Manager, UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Design Technician jobs, Product Designer jobs, Project Designer jobs, Design Director jobs, Design Manager jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.