Manager, Global Copywriter
You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s, Dockers, Denizen and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.
About the Job:
- Manage copy team and assign projects.
- Own and develop brand voice through the brand direction and tone of "California cool".
- Establish copy direction and messaging strategy at a global level.
- Oversee all copy creation (in-house and outside agency).
- Ensure brand voice is consistent across all channels and platforms.
- Help improve processes.
- Work as an editor or hands-on writer role based on the specific needs of the project.
- Maintain a strong strategic relationship with channel partners to stay up-to-date with developments in strategy, goals, testing projects, data and analytics, and retail/wholesale/e-commerce sales and traffic performance.
- Help to align creative development with other channel-specific strategic goals and build partnerships to bridge the creative connection between cross-functional teams in Marketing, Merchandising and E-commerce.
- Work with external vendors to provide creative feedback on outsourced projects and communicate brand updates to these vendors as needed.
- Complete formal copy decks for all assigned projects oversee and maintain an organized, up to date set of files (including all versions) within the department's file servers and asset management systems.
- 5+ years of experience in retail/apparel/fashion writing in a globally branded consumer environment or alternatively in a fashion editorial role.
- Team management experience.
- Prior editing experience required.
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Office, also has previous experience in Google Slides, Slack and Microsoft Suite.
- Experience with marketing campaign development and the various mediums and channels to implement a campaign: print, video/film, social, digital marketing, email, promotions, e-commerce, retail, wholesale.
- Experience collaborating with creative and marketing roles.
- Experienced presenting work to top-level executives and peers.
- Diverse knowledge of the apparel/retail competitive landscape and research mediums.
- Detail-oriented and meticulous proofreader of your work and other colleagues.
- Comfortable with working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range based on the location of the role. The amount a particular employee will earn within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, experience, skills, performance and business needs.
Levi Strauss & Co. (LS&Co.) offers a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, incentive plans, and a wide array of benefits designed to help you and your family stay healthy, meet your financial goals, and balance the demands of your work and personal life. Available benefits vary depending upon the specifics of the role; details relating to a specific role will be made available upon request.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, benefits or other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Breaking News Writer
Closing 14 May 2023
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
Closing 31 March 2023
- Virgin Media
- London or Manchester
Closing 17 May 2023
- 21st Century Fox
- perm, remote
$54,500 to 82,500 per annum
Want more Manager, Global Copywriter jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs, Proofreader jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.