Manager, Digital Design & Production (6 Month Maternity Cover)
Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Digital commerce is critical to the future success of Michael Kors. The brand is committed to delivering a best in class customer experience that underpins global revenues of €0.5bn from digital channels over the next few years.
Central to that growth is the Digital Design team that sits within the Digital Commerce & Consumer Marketing department located in London (UK). Established in 2016 the department has undergone rapid expansion as it strives to deliver an aggressive roadmap alongside equally aggressive revenue aspirations.
The Digital Design team currently manage eight localized transactional websites, servicing 50 countries (and growing) including UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Australia, Singapore, Russia, India, UAE, South Africa and more.
Leveraging and coordinating with our parent organization located in New York (USA), the department is a fast-paced, ‘can-do’, entrepreneurial environment that is rewarding for those accomplished leaders who are team-players, willing to take ownership and be both very hands-on and strategic at the same time.
The role is a mix of Digital Design and Design Production. As the manager of the team, there is a requirement to manage the workflow and production of work, but as the owner and arbiter or the regions aesthetic output the role requires an experienced designer capable of specifying, guiding and critiquing the teams work and also where required undertaking design work themselves.
The role is a six month contract.
Who You Are:
- An outstanding graphic designer excelling in combining photography, typography and product to create contemporary, elevated layouts
- Extremely organised and comfortable with project managing, operational tasks and planning.
- A strong leader who can present and drive forward ideas and projects amongst a large group of stakeholders
- Able to balance both creative and commercial needs, creating designs that successfully meet business objectives and feedback
- Naturally process-driven and methodical as well as having a creative flair
- A big-picture thinker whilst having meticulous attention to detail
- Passionate about fashion and content creation, immersing yourself in the brand, products and stories each season
- A hands-on manager who can support the team with any task
- A mentor to designers, encouraging a collaborative approach and nurturing individual skills
- Have a passion for creative tasks as well as more technical UI/UX projects
- Have the ability to create concepts from scratch but also follow strict brand guidelines and templates
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment and juggling multiple tight deadlines and priorities
What You’ll Do:
- Be the lead and main contact for all EMEA creative requests, coordinating projects and timelines from start to finish.
- Attend the weekly Creative, Marketing and Trading meetings to understand timelines, deadline changes and new requests.
- Work with cross-functional teams to translate business and marketing objectives in to clear design briefs
- Evolve the creative production schedule, workflow and briefing process to a robust and workable system that delivers business needs.
- Review all briefs to ensure concise details are captured and the full scope of requests have been submitted and timelines are realistic.
- Manage approvals and deadlines for each stakeholder in a project by trafficking requirements to ensure assigned lead times are met.
- Be responsible for producing and refreshing assets for all digital touchpoints including site, email, digital marketing, acquisition and retail marketing
- Be responsible for creating templates and components that are easily scalable and rolling these out across the EMEA region, translating material for multiple languages and localizing where necessary
- Provide concise, timely and constructive feedback/approval at all stages of design from conception, to layout, to art working, production and building
- Work with the development teams to QA assets and ensure they are pixel perfect before going live
- When required, develop and shoot creative still life photography that aligns with global campaigns
- Be responsible for maintaining brand consistency across all regions and channels, ensuring campaigns follow global seasonal brand and imagery guidelines
- Ensure the team works efficiently and hits all deadlines, without compromising on quality
- Develop relationships and partner with key teams in both the London office and HQ including Site Merchandising, Email Marketing, Digital Marketing, Retail Marketing, Translations, Web Production, Creative Services and Fashion Office.
- Support the Product and Delivery team with the continuous development of new features and functionality, helping to improve customer experience and participating in UAT
You’ll Need to Have:
- Experience within a similar role, ideally in fashion retail
- BA in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Exceptional skills in the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite in particular InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and XD
- A good understanding of HTML and CSS
We’d Love to See:
- A clear, confident communicator and problem solver
- Experience in art directing, shooting and editing photography
- A good understanding of consumer marketing, content planning, branding and story telling
- A self-motivated, proactive leader, who has a sense of urgency
- A great team player and collaborator, with a positive 'can-do' attitude.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V
Other jobs you may be interested in
Mid-weight Graphic Designer
Closing 13 July 2022
- perm, remote, temp to perm, from remote
Senior Creative Copywriter
Closing 12 July 2022
- The Cotswold Company
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Closing 9 July 2022
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Want more Manager, Digital Design & Production (6 Month Maternity Cover) jobs?
Want to find more Creative jobs, Design Manager jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.