Manager, Art Director - Discovery Communications
Manager- Art Director for Discovery KidsResponsibilities:
1. Creates and develops all aspects of visual design from project inception to implementation on different media
2. Develops and shares graphic packages and tool kits with all regions.
3. Provides support to the editing process by facilitating all creative assets when needed.
4. Acts as one of the brand keepers by maintaining consistency, coherency and cohesiveness across platforms.
5. Works closely with the Marketing and Programming departments to implement key strategies
6. Explores and continually gains expertise in the growing list of design and technology tools either in the broadcast design environment and emerging medias.
7. Able to work as part of a team of a creative group as well as being able to conceptualize and complete a project as an individual
8. Able to work and direct third party vendors.
9. Directs and works in coordination with Designers, Art Directors, and OAP team members from the region
10. Adhere to agreed upon design delivery schedules coordinated with Graphic Producer and Client
11. Directs final art integration and implementation in coordination with team, schedule, and budget
* Must have at least 5 years experience in graphics design
* Strong creative and conceptual vision
* Firm understanding of visual design and the design process
* Must have exceptional working knowledge of graphics softwares including Creative Cloud (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe After Effects).
* Proficiency in keynote and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
* Must have the ability to increase quality and productivity within department
* Strong organizational skills are required
* Must be skillful at interacting between various departments, clients and vendors
* English & Spanish required, (Portuguese a +)
* The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines is required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Digital Senior Art Director - Bloomingdales
Closing 10 October 2017
- New York
Sr. Mobile UX Design Lead - Samsung
Closing 10 October 2017
- Mountain View
Want more Manager, Art Director - Discovery Communications jobs?
Want to find more Art Director jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Art Director jobs, Broadcast Art Director jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.