MUSIC CO-ORDINATOR - 10 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
13 February 2019
Job TypeFull time
Job Title: MUSIC COORDINATOR
Department: BUSINESS & LEGAL AFFAIRS
Reporting To: HEAD OF MUSIC
Location: HAWLEY CRESCENT, LONDON
Contract: 10 MONTH FIXED TERM
Purpose of the role:
The Music Coordinator will assist Music Services in meeting monthly copyright society deadlines, inputting and reporting music details for delivery to the copyright societies.
This role will also involve approving and rejecting cue sheets, and chasing production companies to obtain cue sheets for programmes that have been broadcast on Channel 5’s Family of Channels.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for clearing music for promo producers and Milkshake under Channel 5’s blanket agreements.
- Inputting music cue sheets into the Q Reporting System and using the What’s On Scheduling System and checking for accuracy of music cue sheets
- Checking, approving or rejecting music cue sheets as they are delivered by production companies to the Channel 5 Music Reporting Systems
- Chasing production companies for music cues sheets
- Checking music tracks are clearable under the blanket agreements for in house promo producers and The Milkshake Production team
- Training Production staff on inputting music cue sheets in the “Q” Reporting System
Experience & Knowledge:
- Demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of music copyright and how the music industry works particularly with reference to copyright societies, publishing and record companies from the TV perspective
- A sound all round knowledge and interest in music
- Knowledge and understanding of how music is reported and the workflow from when music is used on air to royalties being distributed to composers, publishers, artists and record companies
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills essential
- Sound IT skills such as Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Q Music Reporting System
- Knowledge of “What’s On” Scheduling System
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.