MGFX Designer / Animator
We’re Gorilla Gorilla! A rare breed of intelligent film and animation company that helps brands and businesses make a powerful connection with their audiences. We’re on the hunt for a talented MGFX Designer / Animator to join our growing team in Angel to support clients including HSBC, Anglo American, PepsiCo and Sainsbury’s.
The Motion Graphics Designer / Animator will conceive, develop and deliver a range of high- quality motion graphics / animation projects to agreed parameters - from abstract motion graphics to motion typography to character animation. On a daily basis they will collaborate with and report to the in-house Producer team. More broadly, they will report to our Animation Design Director.
In particular, the role requires:
- Design skill and conceptual flare with the ability to work across a number of visual styles and animation / MGFX techniques.
- The ability to work independently and to collaborate as part of a team to explore briefs, generate ideas and produce projects in a constructive and positive way.
- Development, preparation and delivery of creative to lead / support proposals and pitches.
- The ability to think strategically about brand design and animation.
- A good sense of visual timing and narrative / storytelling.
- The experience / ability to work on a number of projects at once, working with other.
- members of the GG team and specialist partners and freelance staff.
- A willingness to encourage and support other members of the GG team and clients in
- their understanding and use of motion graphics / animation and to work with them as
- The maturity / experience to help manage freelance MGFX / animation personnel where
- A keen interest in keeping on top of the latest developments in the motion graphics /
- animation sector and the ability to advise GG accordingly.
- Someone who is happy to be hands-on and with the desire to develop towards creative
- leadership within the business.
Why it’s important to us:
As a growing film and animation business, extending our reputation and skills base in motion graphics design / animation is key to our future success.
How you’ll make us look:
How you’ll make us feel:
- You’ve bought energy and enthusiasm.
- You’re in it for the long haul.
- Our business is more than likely to grow with you on the team.
- Engaging and creative with a willingness to learn and passion to grow.
- The desire to produce high quality work.
- The intellect and curiosity to get to grips with a client’s communication needs.
- Thoroughness with an attention to detail.
- Well-presented, collaborative, open, friendly and sociable.
Skills / Background:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in-house / freelance.
- A good understanding of the full lifecycle of design and moving image projects from
- creative to technical delivery.
- Expert in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Expert in After Effects.
- Experience in Premiere.
- Ability to come up with great creative concepts that answer client briefs.
- Passionate follower of new and inspirational design styles - you know what is hot.
- Excellent taste - you know what is amazing...and what’s not.
- Good / persuasive presentation skills.
- Good knowledge video compression / encoding / delivery.
- Experience in one of 3D Studio Max, Cinema4D or Maya.
And finally, in 3 words, you will be:
Closing 24 November 2020
- Frontier Developments plc
Lead Animator - ILM TV
Closing 30 December 2020
- Industrial Light & Magic
Want more MGFX Designer / Animator jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, VFX Artist jobs, Character Animator jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.