MCQ Assistant Footwear Designer
MCQ - DOB 01 01 2020.
MCQ is the first of its kind: a collective that is also an ever-shifting culture, built for creators and audience.
Incorporating the voices of its collaborators and radically crediting them, MCQ gives its audience expression and ownership of its items through a unique blockchain – the my MCQ platform, which combines social media with Consumer archive. MCQ is where brand meets community.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Footwear Designer who will report to the Senior Designer as part of our dynamic London team.
The Assistant Footwear Designer for MCQ plays a key role in working with the Senior Designer for unisex sneaker collection. The role requires effective collaboration with all team members, a high level of attention to detail and confidence working in a fast-paced and pressurized environment. The successful candidate will be passionate about sneakers, have excellent people and project management skills, extensive CAD/ technical drawing skills and strong commercial awareness.
How you will contribute:
- Assist in developing footwear designs for the collection.
- Expertise in producing technical packs for sampling, production and preparing CAD technical packs.
- Undertake image research, create sketches and technical drawings, aligned to the Creative brief and maintaining a consistent, quality and consolidated look for both new and carryovers, demonstrating the highest level of aesthetic and quality.
- Undertake material research and collate sourcing packs for suppliers.
- Maintain a strong process strategy for Footwear design development in close collaboration with Product Development teams.
- Effective design management, according to deadlines.
- Coach and support the work placement students within the accessories team.
- Working with the Merchandising team to understand customer buying trends, incorporating needs into the collection.
- Assist in checking samples, adding technical comments where necessary.
- Actively contribute to design meetings.
- Strong understanding of technical fit, specifically for sneakers.
- Support the Senior Designer in ad hoc collections, where required.
- Prepare specs, FTS sheets and proactively manage the Design administration.
- Photographing and organizing prototypes and samples.
- Maintaining and updating archives and storage.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience in Sneaker Design.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as Microsoft Office.
- Strong hand-drawing skills.
- Clear understanding of the MCQ contemporary line.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- The highest level of attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requests, while working under pressure.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Able to travel when required.
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Lead Digital Designer
Closing 19 March 2020
- Arcadia Group
Assistant Digital Designer
Closing 20 March 2020
Want more MCQ Assistant Footwear Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Footwear Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.