Logistics Shift Manager
Logistics Shift Manager, Based at our warehouse in Whyteleafe, Surrey.
At Ann Summers we work hard so our customers can play hard. We love what we do and as the market leader for over 40 years we want the very best experts on our team. Working for us certainly isn't for the faint-hearted but it IS for the passionate, the daring and the expert!
We're on the hunt for an AMAZING Shift Manager to join our Logistics function, leading a dynamic team within our warehouse operation.
This role plays a critical part in delivering our Logistics strategy; creating a seamless and efficient journey for our fabulous products to reach our much loved customer.
You'll be accountable for the Operatives, Leaders and Administrators on the shift, driving and motivating them to work productively and exceed their goals.
We've recently implemented Microsoft Navision into the business which has been a really exciting development for us - needless to say, it would be hugely valuable if you have experience with this system.
* Ensuring a productive and efficient working environment to benefit both our colleagues and customers.
* Achieving and driving the department to exceed budget expectations.
* Motivating and focusing the team to deliver on deadlines, KPIs and service level agreements (SLA).
* Initiating change, striving to be the best we can be.
* Maintaining and delivering robust operational reporting for respective department in aim to support the overall logistics reporting program.
* Analysing data and driving efficiencies by utilising Microsoft Nav.
* Coaching and developing the team to fulfil their full potential.
* Recognising great performance and contributing to the delivery of the recognition program.
* Managing poor performance and behaviours through counselling, appraisals, development programmes and disciplinary procedures.
* Managing and developing internal stake holder relationships, participating in weekly meetings.
* Accountability for the efficiency of the departmental functions, i.e. picking, transacting, despatch.
* Overseeing a full shift to ensure it operates effectively in line with business requirements and ensuring handovers for the next shift are completed.
* Working collaboratively with Shift Leaders to proactively drive improvement initiatives.
* Ability to support line management of 3rd party logistics partnerships across the delivery, consumable and agency labour industry.
* Working towards the company's values and instilling these with the colleagues within the operation.
* A minimum of 2 years management experience within a Retail warehouse/Distribution centre is essential.
* Health & Safety experience-implementation, compliance and reporting.
* ERP/WMS warehouse management system experience.
* Experience in a fast pace warehouse environment.
* Good IT skills, including Microsoft office - Word/Excel/Outlook as well as in-house ERP Navision.
* Ability to manage a large and diverse team in excess of 50 people.
* Management experience across operations, people management and 3rd party management.
* Good analytical skills - ability to source, extract and use data for problem solving.
We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further.
Ann Summers complies with all GDPR policies and by responding to this ad your details will be kept on record for a total of 6 months unless expressed otherwise.
Ann Summers is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Closing 30 August 2019
Operations Design Manager
Closing 30 August 2019
Want more Logistics Shift Manager jobs?
Want to find more Masterplanner jobs, Space Planner jobs, Digital Strategists jobs, Planner jobs, Fashion Logistics Manager jobs, Stock Control jobs, Operations Coordinator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.