The visual effects Line Producer is central to VFX project management. They liaise with all aspects of production and post-production: Director, Editor, Producers and Supervisors as well as artists. Working closely with and on behalf of the internal VFX Producer in London or Montreal they help strategise and implement tasks and targets crucial to the delivery of the project on time and on budget.
- Work with the Producer, Leads and Supervisors to create, implement and run the schedule, track and manage the workflow through the departments and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Oversee Coordinators and ensure the good organisation of dailies, rounds and meetings and the taking of notes and follow up of information.
- Ensure the production database is kept updated daily with notes and critical information.
- Communicate information quickly and succinctly to crew and other departments in person and not simply via e-mail.
- Communicate changes to client sessions, dailies or meetings either directly or through the Coordinators.
- Keep communication flowing from the Supervisor to the Leads, crew or other departments.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to the Producer and Supervisor in order to resolve problems quickly.
- Maintain an accurate summary of the project's progress based on the previous day's artists work.
- Take responsibility for knowing the details of the schedule and advising the Coordinators accordingly.
- Oversee the execution of client deliveries for all temps and finals.
- Manage edits alongside the Editorial department.
- Manage resources and communicate coherently with other support departments.
- Help to maintain a positive, upbeat and professional production office.
- Be pro-active and solution-orientated.
- Other ad hoc duties as may reasonably be required.
- Previous experience at Senior VFX Coordinator or Line Producer level.
- Highly organised with first-class time/project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The proven ability to prioritise conflicting tasks.
- The ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work within a team towards a common goal.
- An in-depth understanding of live-action and CG based VFX workflows.
- An in-depth understanding of common file formats and resolutions.
- Knowledge of production database tools e.g. Shotgun.
- A good knowledge of MS Office packages.
- Previous scheduling experience.
- Basic Linux skills.
- Basic Avid/editorial knowledge.
- Lateral thinking skills.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
Closing 21 March 2021
Digital Producer (Fixed Term Contract)
Closing 23 March 2021
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.