Lighting Supervisor VFX
Lighting Supervisors work under the direction of the VFX or DFX Supervisor and are responsible for establishing high quality photorealistic and efficient lighting for our shows that are in line with the director’s creative vision.
Collaboration is central to DNEG's success and it’s essential our Supervisors lead and mentor artists on a show. You ensure communication flows through your team, offering creative and technical leadership, support and feedback. You’ll collaborate with other department supervisors and related pipeline teams to maximise render efficiency and streamline scene assembly. You’ll be the point of contact for all queries from our production team, working together to assign shots and tasks to the appropriate artist.
CG Lighting Supervisors also contribute to the overall development of our pipeline, assisting our Head of Lighting with the implementation of new processes that improve the operational efficiency for the department.
- Minimum 6+ years of high-end feature film VFX experience.
- Proven team supervision experience.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of 3D VFX processes and production pipelines.
- Strong knowledge in physical based rendering - shading and lighting.
- Strong knowledge in render efficiency.
- Experience with handling and assembling complex scenes efficiently.
- Demonstrates strong skill-set in troubleshooting pipeline issues.
- Good understanding of compositing.
- Strong artistic eye and understanding of colour, lighting and image analysis.
- Extensive experience using 3D software – ideally Clarisse, Houdini or Katana and Nuke.
- Extensive experience in modern path tracers like Clarisse, Arnold, Prman (19+), Vray or other.
- Experience meeting deadlines while retaining a high quality of work.
Nice to Have:
- Production experience using Clarisse.
- Onset data capturing experience (HDRIs).
- Look development experience.
- Passionate about film and lighting.
- Keen eye for composition and colour.
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter.
- A team leader, approachable and personable.
- A collaborator and clear communicator.
- Technically adept with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques.
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, and more.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 20 November 2021
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
Digital Designer + After Effects / Motion
Closing 13 October 2021
- Major Players
- £25,000 to 40,000 per annum
Technical Artist - Real-time
Closing 13 November 2021
Want more Lighting Supervisor VFX jobs?
Want to find more Lighting Designer jobs, CG Lighter jobs, Lighting Designer jobs, Lighting Supervisor jobs, Lighting TD jobs, Visual Effects jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.