Leicester Content Editor
We are looking for a Content Editor to join our successful team in Leicester.
As Content Editor you will lead our teams of content writers in delivering content which informs, inspires, indulges and informs our readers about their local lives. This includes managing content, developing teams and ensuring audience targets are delivered every month.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms. Our network of over 50 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with over 15 billion page views in 2019.
- Lead newsrooms in producing content which engages readers and reaches as many people as possible.
- Publish content online, and ensure published to Reach digital publishing standards are met at all times.
- Ensure IPSO standards are met at all times, and every piece of content is legally sound.
- Manage home pages and audience engagement channels (social, newsletters etc) as and when required.
- Taking accountability for the fair and consistent application of all our people policies, procedures and processes.
- Fostering a high-performance culture by setting clear expectations and having in-the-moment performance discussions.
- Developing a culture of trust, where people are safe to speak up, clear on their role in the team’s success and empowered to be their best at work.
- Ensuring the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Deep knowledge of media law.
- Successful background in developing people and managing people.
- Digital publishing skills and experience.
- Social media skills.
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism.
- Strong local knowledge.
- Driving licence.
- Communication, including written, face-to-face, presentation skills and the ability to cascade consistent messages for maximum impact.
- Planning and organisation.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to five days per year, discounted gym membership, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us.
Web Content Assistant
Closing 29 September 2020
- Sports Direct
Want more Leicester Content Editor jobs?
Want to find more Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.