Learning Design Lead
At Sainsbury’s we know how crucial learning is to our business success. Our Learning Design Team works hard to create and facilitate effective learning initiatives that support our colleagues to continuously improve our business.
We have a rare opportunity to join the team and we’d love to hear from you if you can answer “yes” to questions like these:
- Can you articulate the business drivers behind each of the training initiatives you have designed, to explain why the training exists and what problem it solves?
- Can you take a systematic approach to the analysis of performance problems, identify training needs and develop training based on tried and tested methods, not buzzwords?
- Can you partner effectively with business stakeholders to solve problems and facilitate learning… instead of waiting for them to come to you with “training problems”?
- Are you able to help develop and grow a culture of learning across an organisation, instead of trying to control all training from the centre?
In the role of Learning Design Lead you will be responsible for leading on the development and/or curation of a wide range of different learning resources and experiences that will engage colleagues across our Sainsbury’s brands including Argos, Habitat, Nectar, Sainsbury’s Bank and Argos Financial Services. You will work effectively as part of a team that also includes learning solutions developers, graphic designers and multi-media specialists.
What you need to do:
- Take a creative and curious approach to working with stakeholders and the Learning Consultants to understand current and ongoing business performance challenges.
- Provide informed guidance on best practice approaches to addressing the identified business performance challenges with multi-media learning solutions.
- Produce high level design proposals/proof of concept prototypes and Statement of Works (SOW), in partnership with relevant business stakeholders and in close consultation with intended end users.
- Lead the development and/or curation of a wide range of different assets (digital/print/graphics/media) with the support of the learning solutions developers, graphic designers and media specialists in the team.
- Work in partnership with business stakeholders and the learning consultants to review existing learning solutions and co-ordinate updates, revisions and continuous improvement activities.
- Take responsibility for ensuring all design processes are adhered to and design projects are delivered on time and in line with project plans.
- Build and maintain great working relationships with the wider Learning & Development and Human Resources (HR) teams, to ensure design projects take account of existing solutions, business and technological practicalities.
- Work effectively with third party providers to utilise their products and services as part of design projects.
- Support the Learning Consultants and business stakeholders to launch/communicate new learning solutions and validate performance improvement outcomes using different evaluation techniques.
- Maintain clear focus on personal professional development, to ensure Sainsbury’s learning solutions are leading edge.
What you need to know and show:
- Substantial experience of designing creative learning resources and experiences that are informed by a sound understanding of how people learn.
- Able to take input from a range of sources, applying critical analysis skills and creative techniques to create and/or curate clear and compelling materials for a wide range of delivery mechanisms and audiences.
- Able to design creatively and flexibly for a range of production formats and delivery modes including SCORM and xAPI, job aides and checklists, scripts, animations, webinars, face to face events, podcasts, infographics etc.
- Strong and varied content development experience with a range of design software e.g. Articulate Storyline 360 & Rise, Adapt, Captivate, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office etc.
- Excellent client-facing and stakeholder management/engagement skills, with experience dealing at all levels of an organisation.
- Able to lead multiple projects simultaneously and at pace, planning workload, time and commitments effectively.
- Able to communicate creative vision to motivate and encourage others to deliver results and try new approaches (we are making it happen).
- Confident designing for multiple delivery platforms and resilient in the face of the daily challenges posed by technologies (Learning Management Systems and Learning Experience Platforms, WebEx, Skype, Yammer, Teams, SharePoint, web pages, apps, AI recommendation engines etc.).
- Able to work well under pressure; effectively handle tight deadlines, ambiguity, unexpected delays, revisions, ad hoc requests and changing priorities.
- Able to confidently utilise business and learning data to gain insight and inform design decisions.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills to maintain effective control of project delivery.
- Confident working independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced, confident user of Microsoft Office.
What decisions I can make including budget:
- Responsible for creative design decisions.
- Can oversee budget spend that has been approved by a Learning Design Manager.
Directly or indirectly manages:
Support we will provide:
- Opportunity to apply to complete an apprenticeship, if relevant.
- Access to a wide range of personal development tools and opportunities.
Junior Packaging Designer
Closing 6 April 2020
- Sports Direct
Closing 10 April 2020
- Sports Direct
Want more Learning Design Lead jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, Multimedia Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.