Lead Writer, Brand Studio - GoogleThis job listing has expired
The Brand Studio is a passionate team of creative thinkers tasked with shaping the future of Google brands by deepening the love of our users. As part of this team, you work with many kinds of creative thinkers all tasked with ensuring creative excellence across the Google Marketing landscape. Your goal is to deliver one integrated Google brand experience, and to better define the Google Marketing way. By embracing user insights, strategic thinking, and beautiful design paired with provocative execution, you strive to create delightfully intuitive (and delightfully inventive!) experiences that will define the future of our brand.
The projects we undertake, much like Google's products, aim to deliver a simple and valuable experience for our users while breaking new ground in technology and creative excellence. As the lead writer (English language), you are an experienced problem-solver that can think strategically, identify breakthrough concepts and ideas, have a great eye for art and design, write captivating copy in a variety of forms - from scripts to journalistic articles and everything in between - and be able to tell stories. You are someone who believes technology can positively impact society, but you also have a healthy skepticism for the way tech brands typically talk about themselves and their products. A solid portfolio of smart strategic observations and well-crafted writing across all media is essential.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Write in a variety of formats, including short form ad copy, scripts, articles, strategic positioning, and long form journalism.
- Provide day-to-day guidance for partners across all of Google to define best-practices in the region and apply Google’s voice.
- Work with a team of designers and technologists to push the boundaries of Google’s brand through clear communication, craft of execution, and technological innovation. Be a strategic partner to our product and marketing teams.
- Develop and foster relationships with local and global creative agencies and maintain relationships with talent partners.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience at a creative agency for global brands.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience with a variety of media, ranging from digital, print and TV/video.
- Experience working in a diverse international environment and adapting to various cultural situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and optimistically in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to speak and write in additional Asian languages fluently and idiomatically.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.