Lead Visual Designer, Prime Video Channels
Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide – and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
We are seeking a talented, customer-focused Visual designer from the entertainment and advertising community, skilled at creating compelling creative promotional assets (images, videos/promos/trailers). This position will conceptualize and create inventive go-to-market collateral for internal and external marketing campaigns. Much of the work will be generating assets for the website/apps (site takeovers, banners, splash pages, and trailers/promos), social media and other promotion material for the marketing and merchandizing teams. The Visual designer will be the custodian of all creative assets (banners, images, videos/trailers) that may be sourced directly from content owners, or created in-house by the team or outsourced to agencies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong visual style and a proven track record of creating exciting collateral/projects and creation of on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements. Ability to deliver clean, web-ready designs based on existing style guides and brand guidelines in a fast-paced production environment for Prime Video. This position requires strong intrinsic design ability, typographic skills, acute attention to detail and web expertise. The ability to manage multiple projects and large volume for a number of in-house clients is essential.
· Design beautiful and engaging advertising creative in support of marketing and merchandising initiatives across video, digital, social media, print, merchandising, out-of-home and any other assets as deemed necessary.
· Create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements.
· Create world-class customer experiences and beautiful visuals that support and reinforce Prime Video’s vision, brand, and business objectives across all platforms.
· Create style guides and design pattern libraries in support of our brand, cross-platform experiences and merchandising.
· Support the design team by producing, managing and uploading graphic assets.
For this role we require:
· A passion for television, movies and shows!
· Proven records as graphic or visual designer.
· Bachelor degree in design or equivalent professional experience required.
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating strong visual design skills and advertising experience across a range of media and platforms.
· Knowledge of marketing fundamentals and ability to implement them to create dynamic advertising solutions.
· Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to work with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· End-to-end ownership of major project deliverables.
· Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player.
· Good communication of plans and ideas, in written and verbal format, and relationship building with internal stakeholders and external agencies.
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Further qualifications would be a plus:
· Proven track record in creative and production experience with a major studio or television network, advertising/marketing agency or production company.
· Proven success in leading multiple projects/assignments and execution across all forms of media, video and digital and mass media.
· Understanding of web/mobile information architecture and ability to quickly learn all site components.
· Ability to work constructively with technology teams. Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works cooperatively with others to be part of a team.
Please note that internally your job title will be Visual Designer.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Social Media Designer (12 Month FTC)
Closing 19 September 2019
- perm, temp
Closing 18 September 2019
Want more Lead Visual Designer, Prime Video Channels jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.