Lead UX Designer
Together for a cleaner, healthier world.
As a Lead UX designer you will apply user-experience research and design thinking to JMs digital software products and platforms reporting into the Experience Design Manager.
Working in collaboration with cross-functional teams, you will partner with product managers, business analysts & internal business stakeholder to oversee and take ownership of the experience of digital software solutions through discovery, design, development, and delivery.
Johnson Matthey IT (JMIT) is Johnson Matthey’s global IT function responsible for ensuring that our IT capabilities are not only able to support and integrate technologies but can also offer insight into future IT tools that could provide us with a competitive edge and improved operating efficiencies as we embark on our digital transformation journey.
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 14,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation.
Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health, but that’s not enough. We have ambitious plans for growth and need talented individuals to help shape and lead us into our next century.
- Work with cross functional teams as both an individual contributor and leader of User and Design Experience.
- Owning decisions relating to UI, UX, accessibility and mobility and any other related items that fall under the Experience Design team.
- Line manage and grow a team of UX/UI designers.
- You will provide advocacy for human centred design and evangelise UX within JM through the delivery of digital solutions for employees, scientists and customers.
- You will utilize Human Centred Design principles, Design Thinking and Service Design techniques to deliver high quality experiences.
- You will use your interpersonal skills to align user value, business value and technical feasibility to deliver balanced and effective solutions.
Requirements for the role:
- Minimum of 5 years as senior UX/UI design role or equivalent experience with experience leading a team.
- Proficiency of a variety of design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Creative Cloud Suite, Balsamiq, Miro, Mural, Trello etc.
- Experience working with product and development teams in an Agile framework.
- Confidence and knowledge of all areas of Experience Design: research, experience, interaction, visual & service design.
- Strong experience with embedding and prioritising accessibility, balancing aesthetics, and experience within constraints.
- Responsive Web Design experience, always thinking about the best ways to translate designs between mobile, tablet and desktop.
How you will be rewarded:
We offer a competitive compensation and JM Elements benefits package including bonus, excellent pension contributions and 25 days annual leave (varies for shift based roles). Our JM Elements Benefits programme helps our employees understand and manage the JM benefits, as well as helping you focus on your overall wellbeing – for you and your family.
We use our inspiring science and technology to enhance lives. For those who are passionate about sustainable solutions and shaping our markets, we offer stretch and a wealth of diverse opportunities.
We’ll give you freedom to bring your whole self to work and be part of a team where difference matters and all voices are heard, that genuinely cares for you and where your contribution is appreciated. We’ll empower you to lean in and make things happen, to create solutions and value for our customers. United by our values and vision, we’re self-starters sharing the same values and accountability and always with a shared commitment to doing the right thing. We’re passionate about making a difference and delivering a better tomorrow for us and for you – a cleaner and healthier world, today and for future generations.
All applications are carefully considered and your details will be stored on our secure Application Management System. This is used throughout Johnson Matthey for the selection of suitable candidates for our vacancies as they arise. Johnson Matthey respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. For more information about how your personal data is used please view our privacy notice.
You will be contacted by the Johnson Matthey Talent Acquisition team once your details have been reviewed. Please allow four weeks from the closing date to allow for screening to take place.
We appreciate the time and effort taken in completing an application.
By applying for this role and creating an account you are agreeing to Johnson Matthey Privacy Notice.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 4 April 2023
- Siemens plc
Closing 1 April 2023
Closing 29 March 2023
- Maersk Line
Want more Lead UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.