Lead UI Designer
We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
“Join our design team at Sky, where we're on a mission to create world-class commerce and service experiences for our streaming platforms NOW and Peacock. We solve complex challenges to make our customers' lives easier and get them closer to the content they love, in innovative ways.
If you're a talented and curious Designer who wants to shape the way millions of customers use our products, then we want you to join our growing team. Come and be a part of something big, exciting, and impactful!”
- Lead the design of high-quality, user-friendly interfaces across a range of digital products and services for NOW and Peacock.
- Manage a team of UI Designers, providing guidance, mentorship, and feedback to ensure their work is of a high standard and aligned with the company's vision and objectives.
- Work closely with the Lead UX Designer and other stakeholders to understand user needs, business goals, and technical requirements and translate them into effective design solutions.
- Develop and maintain design systems and guidelines that ensure consistency and quality across all touchpoints.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product leads, developers, and content creators to ensure design solutions are feasible and delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and best practices in UI design and technology, and use this knowledge to continuously improve the team's design output and processes.
- Help to evolve efficient delivery processes. Assist with allocation of resource with the Design Programme Manager and Head of Design.
What you'll bring:
- Extensive experience as a UI Designer, with a strong portfolio showcasing your design skills and process, with examples of strong visual design and branding expertise.
- Experience leading a team of designers and collaborating with cross-functional teams in an agile environment.
- Strong skills in design thinking, problem-solving, and communication, with excellent storytelling skills to create compelling and emotionally resonant user experiences.
- Expertise in design tools such as Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Creative Suite, as well as knowledge of front-end development technologies and methodologies.
- A passion for user-centered design, with a deep understanding of user research, user testing, and data analysis.
- A self-motivated and proactive approach to work, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Group Technology Digital Transformation:
Want to create a smooth and uninterrupted digital experience for millions of customers? Then our Group Technology Digital Transformation is the team for you. Agile, collaborative, data-driven and diverse, our team works on brilliant products like NOW and Peacock. That’s not even the best part. We get to build our own software and our work has a global stage. Our team also delivers exceptional customer experiences and defines digital first propositions in customer journeys across all channels.
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here’s a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work – hybrid working:
The world has changed. And so have we. We’ve embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home.
You’ll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We'd love to hear from you:
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It’s a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn’t stop at what we do, it’s how we do it, too. We embrace each other’s differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we’ll back you all the way.
Other jobs you may be interested in
UX Designer - Loyalty & Support
Closing 14 April 2023
- Farringdon / Hybrid
Senior Interaction Designer - 12 Months FTC
Closing 17 May 2023
- Virgin Media
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
Digital Designer - 6 month FTC
Closing 16 May 2023
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
Want more Lead UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.