Lead UI Designer
Help define and drive the future of HSBC’s digital design. Be a part in identifying product strategy and envisioning the ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. Provide a clear vision of the future of UI for the services.
Elevate and strengthen UI Design as a practice.
Prioritize and Coordinate design deliverables by developing a solid understanding of business needs and customer needs.
Work closely with the design and development teams to oversee the implementation of the design assets and layouts, leveraging existing design patterns and systems.
- Designing solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives.
- Create engaging layouts in line with branding guidelines.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Providing quality assurance on creative deliverables.
- Define, develop and present innovative visual design concepts across multiple channels.
- Work within the constraints of customer specifications and technical integrations.
- Evangelize importance of Visual and UI Design to help enhance design culture at HSBC alongside CX team members.
- Push and develop visual and UI design that encompass HSBC’s brand values.
- Ensure Customer Experience and UI Designs are clearly translated and articulated in the artifacts.
- Work with stakeholders and customers to ensure the outcome of the project answers both customer and business needs.
- Work closely with the CX and UX Lead to prioritize functions and features for the product.
Leadership & Teamwork:
Assist the CX Lead in creating and maintaining best in class experience for customers.
Be the bridge between functional teams, increase communication to minimize gaps between UX flows
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Establish and maintain Visual Design and Brand guidelines, principles and best practices to ensure consistency and minimize unnecessary, repetitive work.
- Regular review to identify key risks, issues and interdependencies. Determine and apply approporiate mitigation strategies.
- Ensure an equal and balanced focus is maintained on operating and regulatory risks and ensure the Virtual Management Team positively identifies and mitigates these in a manner that protects the Brand.
- Ensure regular and positive engagement with key support functions such as Risk, Compliance and HR to ensure alignment of policies and plans necessary to deliver a demanding transformation benefit target.
Implementation of Global Standards, Financial Crime Compliance and Risk considerations in an aligned manner within the context of the RBWM strategy through operational practice and planned activity.
- Working under pressure, flexibility to redesign solutions in the face of ongoing change and iterative development, coordination of a diverse suite of stakeholders, optimization of resources against complex technical deployments.
- Provide market-leading, compelling Digital product experiences that can leverage the global scale and distribution network.
- Ensuring that all HSBC RBWM services offer outstanding Digital customer experience and fully deliver on the brand promise and a coherent Digital Strategy.
- Key objectives and governance of the deliverables in this role will be agreed by the customer experience lead.
- This role holder will be expected to operate largely independently in the development, deployment and management of the initiatives within their remit.
- This role will include dotted reporting from other teams.
Management of Risk:
Adheres to processes and controls to identify and mitigate risks and ensures timely escalation of control issues and reputation risks.
Demonstrates leadership on regulatory and compliance matters. Maintains awareness of risk and minimizes the likelihood of it occurring through its identification, assessment, mitigation and control.
Observation of Internal Controls:
Maintains HSBC internal control standards and addresses audit points and/or any issues raised by regulators in a timely manner.
Maintains HSBC internal control standards and addresses audit points and/or any issues raised by regulators in a timely manner. Fosters a compliance culture within the team, managing compliance risk and ensuring that the necessary training is completed. Optimizes relations with regulators.
6-7 years of experience in Visual and Digital Design and other relevant disciplines.
Manage resources to achieve business targets/objectives.
Analyse problems and propose solutions beyond initial objectives or requirements.
Challenge requirements and thinking.
Closing 8 October 2019
- Hargreaves Lansdown
Digital Designer - 6 Month FTC
Closing 10 October 2019
- temp, temp to perm
Want more Lead UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.