Lead UI Designer
We're looking for a Lead UI Designer to join us in Bristol
- If you have proven visual design experience, this is a chance to join a team of UX and UI designers in a role that combines creativity and technical skill.
- You'll take the lead role on projects, designing inventive, compelling and pleasing experiences across a range of products and services that address the needs of our customers.
- Your work will be a key component in making our customers’ experience of our digital channels intuitive and memorable.
What you'll do:
As a lead UI designer, you’ll be responsible for designing world-class customer journeys and experiences across our digital services and products for our commercial and corporate customers.
The opportunity is there for someone to help grow the team, establish and maintain strong design principles and propose new solutions that make a difference.
You'll also be:
- Working with UX members of the team to develop new solutions which bring truly customer centred improvements.
- Standardising design patterns and libraries for usage among the team.
- Helping mentor junior members of the team and sharing insights and best practice.
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Presenting your work to the wider team for discussion and fostering a culture of learning and creative thinking.
The skills you'll need:
We're looking for a talented designer with creative experience and a proven record in delivering excellent and innovative solutions across digital channels. You'll be able to demonstrate this through a strong and diverse portfolio of work, to be presented and discussed at interview stage.
You'll also need:
- Hands on experience adapting wireframes, user flows, and storyboards into hi-fidelity creative solutions.
- A thorough understanding of user centred design processes, in-depth knowledge of UI design patterns and standards across all devices.
- Experience of working with design and workflow collaboration tools: Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Adobe suite.
- Creative ideas with a strong problem solving mindset and the ability to challenge conventional ways of thinking and working.
- A collaborative ethos and an understanding of the value of objective and constructive criticism in developing solutions.
- The ability to influence and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders across the business.
You'll be comfortable working autonomously and you'll be able to make smart decisions with the information at hand. Experience working in the financial services industry and an understanding of the needs of commercial and corporate customers would be an advantage.
How we'll reward you:
You’ll start on a competitive salary from £41,560 to £62,340 depending on experience, and you’ll also join our retirement saving plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
Creative Diversity Executive (Bristol)
Closing 19 June 2019
- Channel 4
- £20,000 to 30,000 p/a
Closing 17 June 2019
- £20,000 to 30,000 p/a
Want more Lead UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.