Lead Technical Artist for SEGA
Position at Creative Assembly
We are looking for an experienced and talented Lead Technical Artist who is ready for a new challenge and has experience working on multiple titles.
As Lead Technical Artist, you will be the driving force constantly rising the quality of art and animation in game. You work alongside the Technical Art Director, leading the Technical Art and Animation team and working directly with art teams, programmers and other key stakeholders daily.
On a day-to-day basis, you will work with your team providing technical support to art and animation teams across multiple projects.
As Lead Technical Artist, you must be able to manage time effectively, be a versatile problem solver and have the expertise to inspire and mentor others to excellence. You will be expected to create, maintain and review workflows, tools and pipelines, leading by example.
You will work with project teams to schedule and organise the workload of the technical art and animation team to deliver results across multiple projects, helping to manage risk and find the optimal balance of effort.
You will bring technical teams together to collaborate and communicate with stakeholders of the wider team.
You will look for opportunities to improve and optimise the art teams’ workflows and processes and introduce new practises across the total war art team as a whole.
You will liaise with programming teams and bridge communications between project teams, departments and between the total war team and console team at CA.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience of leading and managing teams
- Relevant programming or scripting experience in languages such as Python/C++/C#
- Excellent understanding of 3D math (linear algebra, vector and matrix math)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience of full game cycle development cycles in an equivalent role
- Experience with C++
- Experience Rigging game assets
- Production experience with Maya and 3DS Max
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
- Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Website and Design Executive (12 month maternity cover)
Closing 8 March 2019
start Immediate start
- £26,000 to 30,000 p/a
Senior Motion Graphics/Digital Designer
Closing 16 March 2019
- £40,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.