Lead Technical Artist - New IP
Position at Creative Assembly.
As the Lead Technical Artist on our new Tactical FPS title, you have an excellent opportunity to make your mark on the new IP from Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning console development team. You will lead a small team of technical artists and animators, bringing innovation to the project and empowering the wider art team with contemporary tools, techniques and processes.
As the Lead Technical Artist for the project, you will have significant experience of leading, mentoring and nurturing the development of other artists. As well as managing the technical art team, conducting regular reviews and overseeing their career development, you will be responsible for enhancing visual quality, performance and art efficiency on our project.
Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in communicating progress, solving problems across the team and sharing across the wider project where relevant. You will be able to communicate well and collaborate with the team to develop new features, processes and pipelines.
You will be expected to drive new technology and art production techniques, taking responsibility for ensuring the content produced by the art department is both technically appropriate and efficiently produced. As the Lead Technical Artist, you will support & extend a rich python framework of tools to increase the productivity and efficiency of the content teams.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing other artists.
- Previous experience in a technical art or lead role on multiple shipped AAA titles.
- Ability to communicate effectively in across the team.
- Fluent in cutting edge art authoring techniques and processes.
- Experience designing and maintaining tools in a production environment.
- Expert knowledge of one or more 3D software packages (Maya, 3ds Max, MotionBuilder).
- Expert knowledge of Python.
- UE4 production experience.
- Practical experience and a strong comprehension of PBR.
- Houdini production experience.
- Working knowledge of a variety of content creation software, such as; Substance, Marvelous Designer, Fusion, Marmoset, Quixel, etc.
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (PyMel, Maxscript, C#, C++, etc.).
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus.
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise.
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance.
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening.
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme.
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site.
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library.
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen.
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions.
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy.
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers.
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes.
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
We are Creative Assembly:
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Closing 6 November 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- temp to perm
- £30,000 to 35,000 p/a
3D Exhibition Designer (Mid-Senior)
Closing 12 November 2019
- £30,000 to 45,000 p/a
Want more Lead Technical Artist - New IP jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Technical Coordinator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Concept Artist jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Technical Operator jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.