Lead Product Designer
The Product And Team:
Ticketmaster’s enterprise platform that enables creating and managing worldwide events. Many great details go into each event: from planning to sales, managing entry during the event and post event reports and analysis. As designers at Ticketmaster, we are responsible of ensuring this robust functionality stays simple and elegant. We design for a wide range of devices and roles that together bring amazing entertainment to fans.
We bring delight into our clients and on-the-ground teams’ day to day tasks with our unique range of ticketing and event management solutions. While Ticketmaster’s product teams keep the user at the forefront of our solution design, we, the designers, are the specialists in research techniques, mapping and ideation workshops, building agile trials and closing the feedback loop.
As Lead Product Designer you will own a product area s well as manage and mentor junior designers.
You will be accountable for achieving design excellence, ease of use and task success whilst working with other design leads and management to ensure an industry-leading overall client experience. Your team will be globally-distributed and you will provide them with mentorship development plans and set achievable goals.
You will be responsible for managing stakeholder expectations, aligning team objectives to product roadmaps, and developing achievable schedules to ensure strategic goals and timelines are met. You will be capable of providing design solutions for diverse problem sets, defining new frameworks, independently conducting research and mentoring/developing team members.
You’ll keep skills fresh and be able to share best practices, technical trends and developments with the wider team.
Your product area of Reports already serves our clients globally. It is one of the most popular and effective products we offer and we are continuously evolving its offering. Your role will play a key part in developing Research strategy to help focus our roadmap to meet our clients’ needs. You will help build shared understanding of the Product vision through workshops and visual artefacts that stimulate discussion and alignment.
- Use core information architecture and design expertise to take product design deliverables through a full project lifecycle.
- Initiate and conduct user/market, usability and competitive design research.
- Identify user types, scenarios, journeys, flow/decision maps and produce relevant documentation to convey this vision.
- Participate in and lead ideation workshops with cross-functional teams.
- Generate wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and/or define the structure for design artefacts to be produced.
- Ensure Ticketmaster’s brand identity is considered and integrated into all features, and ensure the logical user flow is translated into an intuitive and stylish experience.
- Conduct internal QA tests to ensure deliveries meet initial design specifications.
- Work with the Analytics and product management teams to drive measurable UX decisions.
- Collaborate with other product designers in maintaining the Global Design System.
- Understand long-term vision and strategic business goals of the department.
- Keep skills fresh and be able to share out best practices, technical trends and developments with team.
- Opportunities for mentorship of Interns or Associates.
- Thorough grounding in principles, methodology and practices of digital product design with proven hands-on experience in a working environment, i.e. UX design, UX research, interface design, mobile app design, interaction design, and/or branding.
- An outstanding portfolio with cross-platform product design works.
- Ability to drive a range of innovative and compositionally strong design solutions.
- Fully conversant in one or more industry software, i.e. Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin, Axure, etc.
- Experience working with/on pattern libraries/design systems.
- Ability to think creatively and present concepts clearly to stakeholders and team members.
- A strong understanding of best/tried and true as well as current trends in UX/UI practices and cross-platform development.
- A fundamental understanding of relationship between good UX, UI design and branding.
- A strong understanding of grid systems and layouts and/or exceptional typography and graphic design desired.
You (Behavioural Skills/competencies):
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- A passion for interaction and customer involvement.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proactive in learning and being fluent in latest UX trends and technologies.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication.
- COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions.
Life At Ticketmaster:
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s largest live entertainment company. Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world’s largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you’re passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team.
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent.
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and/or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and/or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations.
Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Digital Product Design Lead
Closing 7 February 2023
UX Designer - Loyalty & Support
Closing 9 February 2023
- Farringdon / Hybrid
Designer - Homeware
Closing 5 April 2023
- N Brown Group plc
£Competitive + Benefits
Want more Lead Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Information Architect jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.