Lead Product Designer for The Telegraph
The Telegraph are looking for a Lead Designer to join the team, to pave the way on innovative, forward thinking projects. You’ll be working on products that are used everyday, by millions of people. You’ll see design as more than just appearances, and be driven to make something that works as well as it looks. You’ll be joining a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers and researchers, where experimentation and learning is encouraged, at an exciting time in the publishing industry.
- You'll be shaping and leading the design for how The Telegraph tells stories across its platforms, using new technologies. You’ll be ambitious in your thinking and be able to inspire others with your ideas.
- You'll set the bar high, driving for the consistency, quality and integrity of the user experience across all we do.
- You'll be hands on – leading the design of journeys, wireframes, designs and prototypes, in order to bring your ideas to life – as well as directing other designers. You'll love to to learn and help to foster a culture of experimentation in the team.
- You’ll be leading a range of projects, from the big to the small, the experimental to the practical. You’ll be comfortable juggling a few things at once, and always eager to try something new.
- You'll be leading other designers, working with developers, Product Managers and other people around the company to come up with the best possible solution. You’ll be comfortable working as part of a group, as well as alone, and able to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions to others as well as happy to join in healthy debate.
- You'll be motivated to continuously improve your designs, working with our in-house user research and data teams to gain a deeper understanding of how designs are working, and proactive in driving forwards their improvement.
- Extensive experience working on a variety of projects, in design related roles
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to conceive and execute highly at all aspects of the design process
- A BA in a design related degree, or similar experience
- A good knowledge of design software, such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud, as well as prototyping tools, such as Marvel, Invision etc.
- Solid knowledge of front end digital capabilities and limitations, and be able to use this to bring to life design solutions which match technical limitations
- Great organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple streams of work
What you can expect from us if successful:
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
Print Designer for The Telegraph
Closing 21 November 2018
- The Telegraph
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Graduate / Junior / Change of Career - Erasmus+ Placements in Seville, Marseille or Prague
Closing 29 November 2018
start January 2019
- Capacity London
- temp, part time
- €120 /week
Want more Lead Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Multimedia Designer jobs, Project Manager jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs, Publishing Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.