Lead Product Designer - American Express
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
The American Express mobile team are looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our team in London. The successful candidate will work with product owners & engineers in the ideation and development of mobile products and services.
The Global Mobile team is responsible for the product strategy, UX/UI and delivery of mobile apps for American Express Card members globally. This includes the Amex Mobile app available on iOS and Android in over 20 markets. Our team is a combination of high-performing design & product teams who are responsible for the definition and delivery of features in the Amex App – used by millions of Cardmembers around the world.
As a Lead Product Designer on the Mobile team, you will be responsible for running a growing team of Product Designers in our London office. In this role you will primarily lead the creative thought process and management of the pod structure and light operations. You will also be responsible for delivering user-based outcomes around a single theme in our product portfolio as well as the personal and career development of Product Designers.
Core Responsibilities of a Lead Designer:
- Oversees day-to-day of 1 Product Designer
- Leads Design Pod stand-ups with Design Manager
- Leads collaborative work sessions with Product Owners, Engineers, Business, Legal/Compliance, and other stakeholders
- Provides mentorship and guidance to direct reports
- Works with Product Director and Product Owners to refine outcomes for new projects
- Works with Design Manager to establish roadmaps and milestones for all new projects
- Works with Design Director to define strategic goals for all projects, and ensure projects are tracking towards team goals
- Works with other Lead Designers and Creative Director to review quality and consistency of team’s designs
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Mastery in one, excellence in at least one and competency in the remaining:
- Service Design / Design Thinking
- UX / Interaction Design
- UI / Visual Design
- Leadership / Management
- Communication and Collaboration with Product, Engineering, Business peers and other Stakeholders
- Proven track record of success in several shipped products as measured by Design Team Goals (as opposed to Product Goals)
Front End Web Developer (Wordpress) - for Peppermint Soda
Closing 15 August 2018
- Peppermint Soda
Senior Designer (Graphic Design Studio)
Closing 6 August 2018
start September 2018 (flexible)
- National Theatre
- £31,000 p/a
Want more Lead Product Designer - American Express jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, App Developer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.