Lead Layout Artist
The Lead Layout Artist works as a “digital camera operator” to create camera compositions and determine rough character timing to pre-visualize shots and provide a clear sense of action for the Animation, FX and Lighting departments.
Primary Responsibilities And Accountabilities:
● Responsible for overseeing the creation of a 3D version of the story reel. Also supervises the Layout crew to execute the layout of shots.
● Works under the guidance and direction of the Digital Layout Supervisor.
● Coaches and guides the Layout teams to execute quality performance for the film.
● Guides the Layout Artists working on shots in the assigned sequence to ensure that the Digital Layout Supervisor’s direction is realized in addition to working on their own shots.
● Responsible for guiding Layout Artists in the creation of rough models and environments for pre-visualisation.
● Assist the Digital Layout Supervisor with the technical set up of their assigned sequences, troubleshoot any problems on their shots, and are responsible for continuity and flow within and between shots.
● May work as the team leader/supervisor on technical aspects of Layout.
● Provides mentoring and training as needed.
Key Peers Or Relationships:
Education / Experience:
Previous VFX Layout and Camera Tracking experience will be essential.
Full portfolio demonstrating high-level traditional art skills and breadth of the subject matter. Understanding of cinematic techniques, language and shot composition.
Required Skills / Competencies:
● Ability to work under pressure in addition to implementing changes based on input from multiple sources.
● Experience in Film and or TV post-production / VFX essential
● A keen eye for detail.
● Ability to work within strict deadlines.
● Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
**FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 4 January 2022
Final Layout Artist (DNEG Animation)
Closing 23 January 2022
Lead Artist - Sonic Mobile
Closing 10 January 2022
- Leamington Spa
Want more Lead Layout Artist jobs?
Want to find more Photography Manager jobs, Camera Operator jobs, Camera Supervisor jobs, Cameraperson jobs, Director of Photography jobs, DV Camera Operator jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Lighting Cameraperson jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.