Cheshire studio, the team behind the highly anticipated DiRT 5, are looking for an inspiring and capable Lead Designer to support the Game Director and be in the driving seat to steer the team on one of our best-loved racing franchises. With a focus on dynamism, fun and challenge combined with beautiful visuals and features that next gen technology provides, you will help shape the game-vision for the studios’ next project and beyond.
With a track record in leadership and several shipped titles, we need your passion, organisation and coordination of the games design team to deliver continuous new concepts and features. You don’t need to have worked in racing, though a passion for cars is a plus. People skills are a given for this role and you will have the honour of leading our talented games design team from the front, providing them with support, training and motivation to deliver the best we can be.
Part of our vision includes a diverse and creative team, so we would like applications from all backgrounds of neuro, gender, demographic and cultural diversity please.
Responsibilities will include:
- Timely implementation of features.
- Design Team standards, change control and documentation.
- Owning communications with the team, content production teams and key stakeholders.
- Safeguarding the Product Owner’s specifications for the feature in hand.
- Leadership, mentoring, management and support of team.
- Communication between designers working in different scrum groups.
- Being across any problems, issues and design statuses.
- Updating production and senior management on the status of the Games Design.
- Continually evangelise the game design to the wider development team and the wider company.
- With support of the Game Director, evolve and improve the design team’s working processes.
- An ideal candidate will be highly driven and self-motivated.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Great teamwork skills.
- A passion for games is a must and it would be great if you had an interest with cars, racing or sport.
In return we offer:
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life.
- Annual bonus structure.
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement.
- Newly refurbished, state-of-the-art studio.
- Regular social events and games nights.
- Large on-site free car park.
- Free fruit and coffee.
Closing 14 March 2021
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
Closing 6 March 2021
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.