Lead Designer/Head of Design
Head of Design needed for an award-winning creative and content studio based in West London. They produce all commercial content across all platforms for premium brands, helping to win and deliver millions of pounds of partnership and creative solutions advertising revenue every year. In addition, they support our clients central functions and corporate, including events, HR and comms. They also work with external clients delivering content and creative services.
The Head of Design plays a pivotal role in shaping the team’s creative direction and output and inspiring all to push the creative boundaries. You will lead some talented designers across two locations in London and Bristol, supporting and developing them to be the very best they can be. You will work closely with the Head of Commercial Content and the Art Director to ensure that campaigns have a consistent look and feel across all brands’ platforms and be instrumental in the development of the design team as a whole. You will be a hands-on commercial design lead, overseeing the output of all designers across print, digital and social, constructively critiquing their work and stretching and developing them in terms of creativity and understanding of campaign’s goals. You will lead by example and pass on your creative flair and understanding the brands’ house style across all design output.
Corporate design is a key part of this role, and you will be responsible for any evolution of the corporate brands, in addition to overseeing day-to-day corporate creative work across all central teams including events, marketing, facilities, comms and HR. You will be personally responsible for delivering highly confidential presentations for the CEO and senior leadership team. You will play a key and vocal role in brainstorms and ideation, both in response to client briefs and also pro-active pitch work. You will dream up brilliant new ideas, and live the ethos that creativity has no limits.
Your focus will be on partnerships and you’ll combine exceptionally strong ideas with a focus on partnerships that really work for clients and lead to ground-breaking, award-winning work. Some of your work will be hands-on design, producing work across all platforms to the highest standard, at all times. You are a key part of the leadership team, collectively shaping ghe vision and purpose and ensuring projects run smoothly and seamlessly across all streams, with a focus on innovation and results.
We are looking for someone who is bursting at the seams with ideas and obsessed with design, is completely passionate about what they and their teams do and is excited about the opportunity.
- Experience of leading a creative team, with a supportive, developmental team culture.
- Proven track record of successful mentoring of designers of all levels, across all disciplines.
- An expert in all areas of digital and print commercial design.
- Proven track record in commercial advertising design, with strong understanding of client and media agency needs and objectives.
- Proven success in thinking up and delivering successful, large scale advertising partnerships.
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign with the ability to produce stunning visuals.
- A proven innovative approach, hungry to learn and keep up to date with industry developments. Superb communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Experience of presenting confidently at senior level, both internally and externally at pitches.
- Proven ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines in a collaborative environment.
- Be able to establish and maintain collaborative relationships and demonstrate that you value input and feedback and are willing to learn from others
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.
Product Designer, UI & UX
Closing 15 March 2019
- cv channel
- temp to perm
- £450 to 500 /day
Graphic Designer for International Institute of Anti-Ageing
Closing 16 March 2019
- Institute of Anti-Ageing
- £29,000 pa plus great company benefits and working environment
Want more Lead Designer/Head of Design jobs?
Want to find more Creative Director jobs, Design Director jobs, Design Manager jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Head of Digital jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.