The Lead Creative is highly skilled; used to integrated thinking and idea generation, and happy working across all media; on and off air, OOH, digital and social media. Working as part of our award-winning in-house team and reporting to the Creative Director they will lead and steer projects, make ground-breaking, innovative work to help sell and promote our varied portfolio of brands and programming across multiple Channels and territories.
This role’s primary responsibility is Peacock, NBCUniversal’s streaming service.
Peacock has recently launched in the UK and will be launching in early 2022 in Germany and Italy.
Peacock delivers a world-class slate of exclusive originals, an extensive library of hit TV series, as well as critically acclaimed films.
The Lead Creative will personally create the majority of priority campaigns but also steer and advise other Creatives on their brand, including working with external agencies where appropriate.
The Lead Creative may also work across our other brands and territories.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Visualise, create and skillfully edit (using AVID) original and truly engaging promos and campaigns across all media, according to a brief, timeline and budget as agreed
- Oversee projects from conceptualisation through the various stages of execution, to include: Research/ Copywriting/ Storyboarding/Producing and Directing/audio post and voiceover direction
- Able to offer a range of creative routes, where appropriate, and considers social and digital as part of the ideation process
- Capable of handling complex projects, and able to oversee and steer other Creatives throughout the production process
- Able to lead projects, give constructive feedback on work and deputise for the Creative Director on occasion
- Contribute towards building the brand identity, seeking standout creative solutions that help to drive brand performance whilst preserving brand consistency and integrity across all platforms
- Be flexible in the role and able to step in on projects, where needed, including high-profile reels and other Off-Air work
- Communicate throughout the stages of production to other departments within the company
- Collaborate with Marketing, Programming, Social, Commercial and Design teams
- Able to articulate and confidently pitch and present ideas
- Discusses and listens to feedback constructively and acts on it
- Is an engaged and enthusiastic team member, proactively sharing ideas and best practice with the team
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training
- Every member of staff is expected to show respect to their colleagues and to understand and adhere to the Company’s values; they are also expected to work collaboratively and to support all the functions with which they have contact in achieving the Company’s objectives
The responsibilities & duties of the role are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience in a similar role within a television broadcast, advertising or creative agency environment
- A real and genuine desire to go that extra mile. To break down the barriers of creativity across mediums, and win some awards in the process
- A passion for television and social media in general
- A clear understanding of current trends in the industry, on channel, social media, OTT etc
- Highly skilled at operating Avid and / or FCP literate and able to create striking edits
- Creative thinker with the skills and imagination to produce eye-catching promotions, shorts and interstitials
- Good knowledge and understanding of post-production, editing and audio design techniques
- Able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and within a prescribed budget
- Diligent about production paperwork, music reporting and adhering to the communications department working practices
- Strong interpersonal skills, both in contributing to the creative team, the overall On-Air team and in representing the department throughout the company
NBCUniversal International Networks is one of the world’s premier entertainment portfolios, delivering quality content and compelling brands to over 176 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific. The channel brands in the portfolio include Universal Channel, Syfy, E! Entertainment Television, 13th Street, DIVA, Studio Universal, Telemundo, The Style Network and Golf Channel. These unique brands deliver a full range of entertainment experiences to local audiences across the globe; the portfolio also includes Movies 24 in the UK. Further, NBCUniversal News Group, one of the most influential and respected portfolios of on-air and digital news properties in the world, operate CNBC and NBC News internationally.
NBCUniversal International Networks is a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Creative Director, EMEA
Closing 15 March 2022
Head of Creative Services, EMEA
Closing 9 March 2022
Creative Director, Copywriter
Closing 9 March 2022
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.