Lead Backend Engineer - Spotify
Responsibilities & expectations of a Lead (Step 3) Engineer
- Be a technical leader within a squad and tribe
- Support members of a squad in delivering backend services with high availability, low latency and scalability
- Coordinate technical projects spanning multiple squads.
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers.
- Posses a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate services that serve millions of users.
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Drive good engineering practises within your team(s) and define and teach thesepractices within our developer community.
- Challenge yourself to keep growing as a senior developer
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise.
- Find ways to spread learning across the organization (gives internal talks, write on internal blogs, etc).
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area or tribe-level go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise.<span
What we are looking for:
- Have proven experience as a technical leader for a team/department.
- Have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams.
- Knowledge in how to write distributed, high-volume services.
- Experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux.
- Have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
- Care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
Want more Lead Backend Engineer - Spotify jobs?
Want to find more Backend Web Developer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Software Engineer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.