Lead Artist - Sonic Mobile
We are looking for a Lead Artist to take art ownership for all the live Sonic Mobile titles – Sonic Forces: Speed Battle, Sonic Dash, and Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom.
You could be an Art Lead with a proven track record or a Senior Artist wanting to take on more responsibility – either way, this is a great opportunity to join our talented team of artists working on our much-loved Sonic IPs!
This is a key role that will get you deep within most areas of the game’s art and production. We’re looking for someone who has knowledge and confidence in a wide range of game art skills and enjoys the development and evolution of live games.
- Help maintain and develop the games’ artistic style and visual quality.
- Inspire and motivate the art team to achieve their best, driving artistic quality by example, promoting successful teamwork, and giving feedback and direction where needed.
- Work with the producer and art director to schedule and co-ordinate the artists on the Sonic Mobile games.
- Help improve, maintain, and document art pipelines and style guides for the projects.
- Take ownership of the milestone planning, day-to-day feedback communications, and final quality of deliverables.
- Create storyboards, concepts, and mockups to help communicate with the team and stakeholders any new features and visuals.
- Be able to create high quality art for the games, single handedly and with the team – ranging from new levels, characters, SFX, and animations.
- Help support the marketing and live ops teams with marketing material, app icons, screenshots, and video trailers.
- Provide weekly updates to keep the team and company in the loop of the progress, issues, and blockers.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, collaborator, and mentor.
- Technical expertise and familiarity with Unity. Getting art in, setting up, building assets & prefabs, debugging, and improving performance.
- Excellent 2D and 3D skills - 3D modeling, texturing, and lighting.
- Proficient with industry tools like 3DS Max and Photoshop, with an ability to learn new tools.
Unity UI knowledge.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- 5 years’ experience creating artwork for games with preferably at least 1 shipped title as an Art Lead.
- Mobile centric attitude towards art development including theme and demographic testing and developing a serviceable title for years to come.
- Player focused approach – knows what makes a game fun.
- An interest in Sonic, SEGA, and stylised games and art.
Why work at HARDlight?
- Industry leading competitive salary & corporate benefits.
- Flexible working hours.
- Season ticket loan for travel.
- Optional family private healthcare package, pensions and life insurance.
- Generous developer Bonus scheme.
- Provision of free breakfast and fruit.
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue.
- Based in the heart of England in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London and Birmingham.
Want more Lead Artist - Sonic Mobile jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Digital Animator jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Games Designer jobs, Gaming Artist jobs, 2D Animator jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Character Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.