Welcome to Solid State Studios. We’re a new in-house studio within Activision, dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world. Our first project is Call of Duty: Warzone for Mobile, and we’re looking for great talent, passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be. We’re incredibly excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special!
Solid State Studios is currently seeking an experienced Lead Animator for the upcoming AAA mobile game, Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile. Your mission is to inspire, mentor, and lead a team of high-caliber animators who create weapons and character animations that will be enjoyed by millions of gamers across the globe. Our Lead Artists are role models that not only manage the team through challenge and change, but also build up individuals into highly engaged, efficient, and effective teammates.
- Experience in creating high quality key-frame and motion capture animations.
- Create world-class First-Person animation for weapons, gadgets, player world interactions.
- Quality control for all characters and weapon rigging, skinning, and animations.
- Create pre-visualizations and present concept ideas to the team.
- Assist in troubleshooting Animation and technical issues.
- Champion processes and advocate towards streamlining tools and processes.
- Be a trusted gatekeeper for performance, efficiency, and quality.
- Inspire and mentor fellow tech artists as a role model of initiative, accountability, and attitude.
- Encourage artists and engineers to thrive on open and welcome constructive feedback.
- Be a point of contact for all questions in the above areas.
- 6+ total years in the games industry working in an animation position, with at least 3 shipped titles in the AAA console / PC / Mobile space.
- 2+ years and at least 1 shipped title as a Senior Animator.
- Ability to lead by example echoed through a professional and egoless personality.
- Highly skilled in all areas of 3D animation and principals.
- Solid First-Person Animation skills with excellent awareness for timing, weight and composition.
- Working knowledge and understanding of real world weapons and military warfare.
- Excellent understanding of Physically Based Rendering systems and techniques.
- Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes.
- Rock-solid communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
- Familiarity with Call of Duty IP and storylines.
- First Person Shooter development experience.
- Previous experience working on mobile platforms.
Solid State Studio is an emerging team within Activision Publishing focusing on both publishing and live operations for Call of Duty Mobile along with our new in-house studio dedicated to the development of AAA mobile titles. Designed around the singular focus of creating the best games in our space, ours is a mobile studio like no other. Developing in collaboration with Activision studios around the world, work on a new AAA mobile game in the Call of Duty franchise has begun.
It takes the industry’s best talent to make entertainment history, and while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a driven and diverse team of people producing greatness together. We’re looking for developers from mobile and PC backgrounds passionate about their work and who believe in realizing the potential of mobile gaming as much as we do.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company.
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $97,200.00 - $179,900.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 18 May 2023
- perm, remote
Lead UI Artist
Closing 17 May 2023
$40,000 to 45,000 per annum
Lead Technical Animator - XDefiant
Closing 21 May 2023
- perm, remote
$120,000 to 150,000 per annum
Want more Lead Animator jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.