Lead Animator, Motion Graphics
ESPN combines the very best in artistry and sports. With exceptional storytelling and cutting-edge technology we bring these stories to audiences around the world. Constantly challenged to create innovative new animations for such renowned productions as SportsCenter, Monday Night Football, The NBA Finals, The College Football Playoffs, UFC, and Major League Baseball, to name a few, ESPN is home to many of the most talented artists working in the broadcast industry today.
Our Lead Designers are an integral part of the storytelling process. Using their advanced animation skills and keen eye for details, they are able produce high quality motion graphics using a variety of animation software programs. Working as a part of the Animation Team, they work closely with Concept Design to realize their vision, while ensuring the standard and quality of the animations produced is consistently high.
We expect our Lead Designers to implement working methodologies, take ownership and help lead large and small animation projects, as well as coordinate the visual output of our productions.We are looking for artists who thrive in a team environment. This includes the ability to share ideas and also be open to ideas within the team.We currently have an exciting opportunity for experienced animators at our Bristol, CT studio.
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema4D, and other 3D applications to create advanced designs and animations.
- Translate project details and creative direction into unique design and animation solutions.
- Possess strong individual/team communication skills; switch easily between independent/group assignments.
- Provide technical support for delivered elements and help troubleshoot software issues.
- Continually enhance personal skills to increase versatility on assignments.
- Showcase flexibility and a willingness to learn and develop new technical skills.
- Effectively collaborate within a team environment and across multiple departments within the company.
- Actively mentor peers in order to strengthen the overall reach of Creative team.
- Maintain high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Adhere to file management, administrative responsibilities, time entry and daily reporting requirements.
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Travel when needed/reliably accommodate a work schedule that may include nights/weekends/holidays.
- Must expect to travel, work flexible hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) as assignments or training necessitate.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Cinema 4D.
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your abilities.
- 4-5 years of hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Cinema 4D at network level, major TV market, or post-house environment.
- Knowledge and experience using advanced render engines, both CPU and GPU based workflows, particularly the Arnold Renderer.
- After Effects scripting ability.
- Working knowledge of dynamics, simulations, C4D fields and XPresso.
- Familiarity with other software applications such as Houdini, Nuke, Substance, and Zbrush.
- Passion for sports and familiarity with ESPN programming and content delivery platforms (TV, ESPN.com, ESPN App).
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family.
Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Motion Graphics Producer
Closing 24 June 2020
- New York
Visual Designer Summer Internship
Closing 8 June 2020
Want more Lead Animator, Motion Graphics jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Director jobs, Animation Producer jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.