Lead Animator - Advertising, Episodic & Immersive
We are currently looking for a creative Lead Animator to work with our London team. Our Animators are responsible for producing high-quality realistic and stylised animation for a variety of projects across advertising, episodic TV and Immersive VR work.
Lead Animators will be expected to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Lead a team of animators on a show.
- Be the key contact for production and supervisor/s. Maintain clear communication, deal with creative challenges, provide solutions and adapt to changes in production & scheduling.
- Set and manage team assignments in collaboration with the animation supervisor.
- Have a good understanding of the animation tasks the team will be working on and the potential technical and creative challenges involved.
- Be prepared to deputise for the animation supervisor if necessary.
- Be aware of workflow templates, methodology and documentation; provide to the team where necessary.
- Work with technology teams to ensure that department tools are available for the team and properly set up for the show.
- Inform supervisors and Head of Department (HOD) of any advances made on a project for integration into other shows.
- May be required to work with HOD and supervisors on bids when requested.
- Effectively manage team to avoid potential conflict or disagreement.
- Maintain positive relationships with all other departments and address any issues promptly.
- Attend dailies and present the work of your team; guide artists on how to present their work.
- Coach, share knowledge and assume some responsibility for the progression of more junior members of the team.
- Provide regular feedback to the team to ensure that work is always delivered on time to the highest possible standard.
- Work with the technical animators to ensure that show wikis are kept up to date.
- Previous experience mentoring or leading a team.
- Thorough knowledge of Maya.
- An understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form.
- An understanding of rigs and typical rigging set-ups, animation pipelines and transferring data between tools.
- The proven ability to work under pressure.
- Being open to direction and able to embrace change.
- Attention to detail.
- Reliable, with good time keeping and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrable commitment to creative collaboration within a team and with other departments.
- Adaptability and the willingness to learn new processes and technical skills.
- Working knowledge of modelling, rigging and Mel/Python scripting.
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills.
- Previous experience working with motion capture data.
- Traditional animation and/or art background.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Motion Graphics Designer & Editor, 6-12 Month FTC
Closing 29 November 2022
- River Island
- perm, remote, temp to perm
£Competitive + Benefits
Motion Designer (Midweight)
Closing 4 October 2022
Closing 14 October 2022
- Jaguar Land Rover
Want more Lead Animator - Advertising, Episodic & Immersive jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.