Junior eCommerce Copywriter
Ted’s Guide to what the Junior eCommerce Copywriter does around here…
Ted’s Mission Statement:
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’**
Where does this role fit within Ted's Team?
Reporting into the Head of Digital Creative and working alongside the wider Copy team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring tone of voice and handwriting are evident at every turn, whilst writing descriptive, unique product copy, CRM briefs and longer-form editorials. You’ll have a natural flair with words, exceptional vocabulary and an impressive knowledge of fashion and retail. Above all, we’re looking for someone who shares our quirky sense of humour and attention to detail.
As Junior eCommerce Copywriter, you’ll be responsible for all product copy across menswear, womenswear, kidswear and homeware categories. Working closely with buying and production, you’ll absorb key product features, USPs and ways to wear, creating compelling product descriptions that sit across our global channels. In addition, you’ll…
- Write category text and background information on collections, prints and product ranges.
- Support with writing copy for emails, editorial features, landing pages and digital marketing.
- Provide bullet point descriptions to be used on concession partners’ websites.
- Work closely with design, buying and merchandising to develop an understanding of the inspiration behind upcoming collections and seasonal launches.
- Immerse yourself in the world of fashion and key trends, as well as competitor online activity, developments and market trends.
- Review the website copy to identify key areas for improvements.
- Proof-read all online content before publishing.
- You have extensive editorial skills - including copy, editing and ideation. You love to think through the customer journey and adjust copy accordingly to maximize engagement.
- You’ll be an expert in balancing engaging copy and rich content, with commercial goals.
- You are a great storyteller with a British sense of humour and you have the ability to wear many hats with your copywriting.
- Your English language and vocabulary will be second to none with excellent verbal and written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- You will have excellent research skills, are tapped into social media and are the first to know of any social trends or news.
- Passionate about fashion and everything that bears the Ted Baker logo.
- You’ll be a creative thinker with a hard-working, proactive attitude that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working to tight deadlines.
- You’ll have excellent time management skills, having the ability to self-manage and adapt to change.
- Overall, you’ll be a Ted brand ambassador, delivering inspirational and engaging copy that appeals to all markets.
Ted’s Core Competencies…
- Satisfy the needs of our customer, always.
- Pursue growth and opportunities through initiative and proactivity.
- Build open and honest relationships with clear communication.
- Create a positive team environment, encourage collaboration.
- Be proud, passionate, motivated, committed.
- Take ownership, be accountable.
- Encourage organisation, high standards and efficiencies.
Ted Baker is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Story Editor (EastEnders)
Closing 2 November 2020
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Senior Creative Copywriter
Closing 22 December 2020
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.