Junior eCommerce Copywriter - Ted Baker
Ted’s guide to what the Junior eCommerce Copywriter does around here…..
We’re Ted Baker and we’re looking for a wordsmith with exceptional talent to join our eCommerce team in Central London. Reporting to Ted’s Senior eCommerce Editorial Coordinator and working alongside the eCommerce Copywriter, you’ll be responsible for ensuring tone of voice and handwriting for the brand are evident at every turn, whilst writing a veritable array of communications. As such, you will need a natural flair with words, a good vocabulary and an impressive knowledge of fashion and retail. Above all, we need someone who shares our quirky sense of humour and attention to detail.
The role primarily involves writing compelling copy for product descriptions, highlighting key features, USPs and ways to wear to appear across Ted Baker’s digital presences. You will take information from Ted’s production and buying teams and use it to create bullet point descriptions to sit on product pages, highlighting key features and technical information.
· You will write category text and background information on collections, prints and product ranges.
· You will also support the eCommerce Copywriter in writing copy for editorial features, product guides, weekly emails, digital marketing and headlines, straplines and calls to action for our online store’s features and campaigns.
· On an ad-hoc basis you may be required to support Ted’s online trading, social and PR teams.
· You will work closely with design, buying and merchandising teams to understand the current collections and seasonal product launches.
· You’ll need to keep abreast of fashion trends as well as competitor online activity, developments and market trends and how they relate back to Ted Baker as a brand.
· You will implement Search Engine Optimisation best practice in all copy created.
· You will review the website copy to identify areas for improvements.
· Proof-read all online content before publish.
· Strong writing and editorial skills including experience of writing copy for a live web environment. You must have the ability to create credible and accurate copy, sometimes from limited information, and re purpose that content to ensure it suits different audiences.
· Good understanding of SEO best practices and how content can support SEO.
· Must have a keen interest in fashion and a passion for Ted Baker’s product and brand.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - able to communicate at all levels, liaise directly and effectively with internal departments and external agencies.
· Creative mind with the ability to project manage. Used to working in a fast paced environment, has to keep a cool head whilst multi-tasking.
· Knowledge of how to work with Microsoft Office tools.
· Experience on how to use a CMS desirable but not essential.
· This role requires a hard-working, proactive attitude with the ability to self-manage. You must be excellent at time management, flexible, adaptive to change and willing to take on constructive feedback.
· Overall, you’ll need to be a Ted brand ambassador, ensuring that your copy and creative ideas are inspirational and engaging, whilst reflecting the brand in all markets.
If this sounds like you, and you like the sound of the role, email Ted a nicely written covering letter, a copy of your CV and any work you’d like to share to by clicking apply.
Editorial Assistant - Luxury Fashion Brand
Closing 27 September 2017
- Preferred Choice Limited
- £20,000 to 22,000 p/a
Mid-Weight Copywriter - Well Renowned Creative Agency
Closing 18 October 2017
- Tomorrow Recruitment
- £27,000 to 36,000 p/a
Want more Junior eCommerce Copywriter - Ted Baker jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Creative Team jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Digital Creative Team jobs, Content Executive jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Writer jobs, Proofreader jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.