Junior Woven Designer (Maternity Cover)
If your experience combines creativity, commercial awareness and delivering exceptional design in a fast paced environment, then this opportunity is going to be something you might be interested in.
About the team:
Design and develop new ranges, taking responsibility for everything from design concept through to technical development and product selection.
About the role:
As a junior Designer on Next Home, you will be working on the downstairs textiles, curtains, printed, woven and embellished team.
Your role will include:
- Identifying trends in materials, pattern and woven for interior furnishings, curtains and upholstery.
- Working with buyers and merchandisers to build comprehensive ranges reflecting different customers, and price points.
- Understanding of how to engineer product to price points.
- Creating product that is part of complimentary or coordinated looks.
- Designing pattern and placing on soft furnishing product.
- Creating comprehensive briefs to send to supplier.
- Developing product with the supplier.
- Experience working for a retailer would be beneficial.
- Hard working.
- Ability to prioritise workflow and ensure challenging deadlines is met at all times.
- Highly creative with a real vision for interior and homeware product.
- Honest and fair.
- A strong understanding of woven fabrics for soft furnishings
- Outstanding commercial awareness and comprehensive understanding of homeware interior design and trends.
Skills and Qualifications you have:
- BA in art/design or equivalent.
- Presentation skills.
- CAD, Full Adobe Suite.
- Microsoft Office.
- High standard of drawing and painting.
Please note, as part of the application process we require you to submit examples of your portfolio, please ensure you upload examples or provide a link to your portfolio. Unfortunately, applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Pension Scheme.
- ShareSave Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Staff Discount.
- On-site Nursery.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Senior Designer - Home (Maternity)
Closing 23 September 2019
Senior UX/UI Designer
Closing 26 September 2019
Want more Junior Woven Designer (Maternity Cover) jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.