Junior Web Developer Intern for Mellor & Smith
MUSTARD JUNIOR WEB DEVELOPER
Everyone in the agency has eyes on every project from start to finish and we want to keep it that way so we are looking for a full stack web developer intern. You will have day-to-day access to our senior developer, he’s awesome, so you’ll be expected to pin your ears back and learn.
The studio is pretty small so you’ll get opportunities to be part of different projects. We all muck in to make it happen so you need you to be keen to roll your sleeves up, get stuck in and help the studio solve problems on the fly.
And everyone gets their round of tea in throughout the day. Pantone 722C only.
Who We Are
We’re a small team of designers, editors and developers (currently 7 of us) near the Southbank, founded in 2008 to be different with every decision we make. Clients put their prized assets in our hands to mould, develop and evolve so we have to be on our game every day. We work with those clients across 3 main disciplines brand, video and everything digital.
Yorkshire tea + London beer = World class creative
– Develop new JS/HTML5/CSS3/PHP5+ websites and maintain existing ones,
– Work with WordPress and other CMS,
– Work with Symfony2+ and other back-end frameworks,
– Integrate new design layouts,
– Work within a team of like-minded designers and developers to produce digital solutions,
– Work in an Agile environment to develop performant, responsive and beautiful digital solutions,
– Ongoing and active development of the proprietary web development environment as part of the wider agency strategy.
– Good OOP (Oriented Object Programming),
– Understanding of automated toolkit (Gulp / Grunt),
– Understanding of version control system (GIT),
– Understanding of Development Operations, Internet protocol, and Web Standards,
– Excellent oral and written English communication skills,
– Demonstrable excellent problem solving skills.
How to Apply
1. Answer the following 5 questions:
2.1. Graceful degradation or progressive enhancement?
2.2. Ethan Marcotte or Jeffrey Zeldman?
2.3. Han Solo or Indiana Jones?
2.4. If it takes a week to walk a fortnight, how many apples are there in a bunch of grapes?
2.5. Angular 2 or React, and why?
3. Include links to your 4 best pieces of work and your CV.
4. Send your application no later than midnight 13th January 2017
Role: Web Developer Intern (Potential to be made permanent)
Applications by: Midnight 13th Jan 2018
Salary: Unpaid - Costs/Expenses Covered
Start date: Immediate
Location: Print Rooms, 164-180 Union Street, London, SE1 0LH
Junior Web Developer for Williams Martini Racing
Closing 16 February 2018
- Williams Martini Racing
Adobe Target Developer – HTML, CSS
Closing 15 February 2018
- Sphere Digital Recruitment
- £350 to 450 p/a
Want more Junior Web Developer Intern jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.