Junior Web Designer
We are looking for a Junior Web Designer to join a lovely fashion company based in the Shoreditch area. This company look after 5 brands and are growing very rapidly around the globe.
You will be working closely with 3 other Designers as well as the content and social media team, Ecommerce trading team and brand team.
Supporting the design team with the production of branded digital assets across 5 brands, turning commercial briefs into reality whilst creating a consistent brand experience for their customer base. You will be expected to support the creation of a range of assets, from on-site banners & emails to the design of offline creatives. Technically strong but with an eye for creative design, you will be involved with the graphical aspects of the website.
- Create designs, concepts and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and good aesthetic design
- Create the look and layout of responsive landing pages for the website including the design, layout and editing of code.
- Design and create responsive weekly emails using a range of templates. The ability to tweak and amend the code of these templates would be needed.
- Update homepages on the websites, helping to maintain content across the sites, such as category banners
- Produce designs that are user-friendly, effective and appealing
- Liaise with internal clients to understand their business requirements
- Present design proposals that match the given brief and re-work where needed
- Propose and explore better ways of working that increase efficiency within the team
- Seek out and report performance of own work on a regular basis
- Support internal colleagues to ensure all internal deadlines are met – working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong understanding of Ecommerce principles
- Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
- Strong computer skills
- Confidence, to present and explain ideas to colleagues
- A proven ability to turn a brief into reality, whilst visually representing the brand in a strong, recognisable way.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Professionalism regarding time and deadlines
- Experience working in a fashion environment is highly desirable
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Good understanding of HTML & CSS
- Ability to use programmes Dreamweaver and Photoshop with confidence
- Familiar with working on CMS platforms, coding emails and responsive web design
- A portfolio of work which includes some fashion/retail experience
If you are interested in this role then please send through your CV and samples as soon as you can so we can consider you for the role.
Junior - Mid Designer
Closing 13 April 2018
- Union Jackson* - Join The Design Party!
- £25,000 to 35,000 p/a
Graphics Specialist/Creative Desktop Publisher
Closing 14 April 2018
- City of London
- £30,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.