Junior Video Editor
We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting- edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions.
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work.
About the Role:
Junior Video Editors at ASOS are highly organised, efficient, team centric figures, who have an eye for fashion, photography/Video and seamless operations. As one of our Junior Video Editors, you will be working closely with your team across all levels and be an active member of the Studios Team. You will contribute to department efficiency, whilst thinking commercially and innovatively to deliver the best e-commerce assets in the industry for our 20 something customer. You have the ability to successfully be a part of a team with a creative, strategic and operational mindset.
What You’ll be Doing
- Reporting directly into the Lead Video Editor, you will be contributing to the day-to-day output of the Video Team. This will primarily include product page enrichment of 1000+ product videos per day (Edit our product page Ecomm Videos for site in line with KPI and quality expectations)
- Ensuring budget, cost per product, creative quality and volumetric KPIs are adhered to
- Use of a bespoke Content Management System to upload Videos and complete our daily Video workflow
- Assist video capture for projects, elevated shoots and campaigns when required
- Video editing (guided by Lead and/or team) for projects, elevated shoots and campaigns when required
- Required to multitask using organisational skills; able to use initiative and to work in pressurised environment consistently prioritising your workload
- Ensure videos are edited to the highest standard possible in line with our chosen treatment, so customers gain as much information from the clip as they can
- Ensure best quality of each edit filmed, ensuring maximum attention to detail to guarantee the product is shown in the most optimum way with nothing disrupting the quality of the clip. Confident communicating with shoot team when required
- Follow established processes to deliver agreed creative and quality standards in line with departmental strategy
- Work quickly and efficiently with a strong eye for detail and catching errors, with ability to self quality control and confident to feedback to shoot team
- Showcase you are approachable and communicate well and understand the correct escalation protocols
- Show excellent problem-solving abilities and positive, dynamic response to change
- Work closely with the Lead Video Editor, Video team and Photography team to help support the video creative & technical development for BAU & appropriate projects
- Contribute to the development of all areas of Product page video with the Video team from quality to efficiency, ensuring ASOS.com remains the leader in online visuals
- Participate in team growth and development to meet the department strategy
- Contribute to team meetings and departmental meetings when required
- Strive to be an aspirational figure within your team
- Work with the Video Team to support the induction of new junior full-timers and Freelancers when required
- Be authentic, brave, creative and disciplined ensuring you follow all company and departmental strategies, leading by example
- Developing your communication and raising your profile at ASOS Studios with the support of your team, in line with ASOS Behaviours policy
- Working closely with your team across all levels to successfully deliver the department strategy. Build strong, professional and collaborative relationships with the wider studio team
- Demonstrate excellent brand awareness by working on areas for review, researching ideas and assessing competition when instructed to ensure we are market leaders
- Participate in new workflow solutions to streamline departmental practices and processes when required
- Participate in departmental technology software and hardware launches when required
- Participate in projects to support the department strategy and any other adhoc tasks defined by Video Team Leader and Post Production Manager
- Supporting our culture by driving Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategies.
Who We’d Like to Meet:
- Experience with Premier Pro (or equivalent) and Mac required
- Professional fundamental understanding of video capturing and editing processes
- Basic understanding of Video editing, file management, colour grading, exporting, final quality control, uploading to file and camera function when required
What’s in it for you?
- Employee discount (hello ASOS discount!)
- ASOS Develops (personal development opportunities across the business)
- Employee sample sales
- Access to a huge range of LinkedIn learning materials
- 25 days paid annual leave + an extra celebration day
- Discretionary performance related bonus scheme
- Private medical care scheme
- Flexible benefits allowance - which you can choose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That’s why we’re committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how’re we doing it?
We’re proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We’ve also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
How can we support you to be your best self? Our Talent team will be happy to provide support e.g. if you need additional time to prepare for an assessment or you have requirements for any part of the interview/hiring process - just let us know by email or phone, whatever works best for you. It’s also our policy to interview all candidates with a disability who meet the minimum requirements for roles they have applied to.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 24 March 2024
- ASOS plc
AI Animation RnD Intern
Closing 23 March 2024
- Reading, Cambridge, Bristol
Multimedia Designer - Digital Learning
Closing 15 March 2024
- Aviva Investors
£Depending on location, skills, experience, and qualification
Want more Junior Video Editor jobs?
Want to find more Editor jobs, Avid Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.