Junior Video Editor
The Video team are a group of individuals passionate about video and fashion, with a solid understanding of current trends and how they relate to the ASOS customer. As the Video Editor you will be required to film, edit, code and upload all video imagery for the product pages. The role requires a focused, driven, hardworking individual. You must be able to remain calm and professional in pressured situations while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude. This role demands a team player who is eager to learn and develop and can grasp new information quickly. You will also be flexible and have the ability to think outside of the box and bring new ideas to the team.
What you'll be doing...
- Edit and upload all videos for the ASOS product pages, within deadline and to the highest standard.
- Ensure product is edited in the absolute best way possible so that the customer is able to gather as much information from the clip.
- Ensure targets are achieved effectively.
- Become fully au fait with all ways in which video content across ASOS studios is shot, ensuring quality and highest standard of work throughout.
- Ensure all day to day duties are adhered to the highest standard including morning routines.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with all Studios to ensure the shoot flow is efficient and productive. Work with Studios to ensure that all products are coded correctly.
- Be responsible for quality checking each edit filmed, ensuring maximum attention to detail to guarantee the product is shown in the most optimum way with nothing disrupting the quality of the clip (For example, labels hanging out, shoes too small for model).
- Research new ways of editing and work as part of the team to ensure you are following the best procedure.
- Constantly strive to develop the quality and efficiency of videos, ensuring ASOS.com remains the leader in online imagery/video.
- Support the Studio Management Team with all video related issues and technical issues, including participation in discussion regarding software upgrades.
- Work closely with team to review competitors, conducting reviews on processes, edits and filming.
- Work with Studio Management and Studio Team on ad hoc internal projects, to include creative briefs for the department and wider business, work with the team to ensure the best quality of delivery.
- Will be required to step in to film in the video sets if the team requires it.
We'd love to meet, someone with...
- A detailed knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Mac, file transfer software.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and professionalism.
- Have a strong background working in Fashion and Ecommerce.
- Have an up to date and developed portfolio/show reel of work.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to adapt well to change.
- Up to date on current trends.
- Excellent file and folder management.
- Attention to detail.
- Additional knowledge of special effects, 3d Gifs, animations, but not essential.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- The ability to work in a fast paced studio environment, adaptable and responsive to rapid change.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Proactive, with a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Forward thinker with good use of initiative.
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do. Production is a team of creative professionals; working together to ensure the entire production process is run seamlessly. It’s incredibly diverse, built up of several departments ranging from Studio, Shoot Operations, Retouching, Copy Writing and Production itself. It’s a very busy, very exciting area to be a part of, requiring constant communication between the team, and all the other areas of the business.
What’s in it for you…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more…
Apple News Weekend Editor
Closing 20 March 2020
Closing 14 March 2020
Want more Junior Video Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Production Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.