Junior UX Designer
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you'll be doing:
Our Experience Design team work with clients globally to enhance consumer’s experience of everyday brand interactions. Whether it’s queueing for your coffee, setting up your new router, or filling up your car, our team look to make this experience as positive as possible, turning slow, boring and drab into streamlined, exciting and memorable (for the right reasons).
Our Experience Design team is made up of the best minds in the industry, united by the simple passion for making things better. We are a group of digital product designers, design strategists and every combination of U’s, I’s and X’s. The titles are interchangeable and always struggle to reflect the un-siloed passion the team share for finding great experiences, ridiculing bad ones and crafting our own with brands.
We are a group of curious critics and creatives. As a Junior UX designer on our team, you will be responsible for research, conceptualisation and design of our clients' various websites, apps, landing pages, display ads and other marketing collateral. You’ll need to be able to take design briefs and interact with stakeholders and developers to understand, define and deliver world-class design products.
- Contribute to the creation of digital products and services for our clients; sitemaps, wireframes and designs, but also assist in customer and stakeholder research.
- Support the wider Experience Design team.
- Support internal marketing team with presentations and other deliverables.
- Support the pitch process with concepts and creative as necessary.
- Assist in the annotation of wireframes or functional requirements.
- Assist in the undertaking of experience design research.
- Pitch concepts and other creative.
- UI designs for digital product.
- Assist in the undertaking of design research.
- Pitch concepts and other creative.
- Assist internal marketing team with presentations and other assets.
Who you are:
Most but not necessarily all of the following:
- Familiar with UX design tools and methodologies.
- Understanding of human-centred design processes.
- Demonstrable graphic/illustrative design skills.
- Comfortable leading stakeholders through a design process.
- Analytical skills with an ability to derive relevant outputs from research.
- Clarity of thought and a structured design process.
- Be inquisitive and energetic.
- Sense of priority: be able to prioritise work in order to meet deadlines, whilst giving attention to detail.
- Ability to create a clear narrative, through work and presentations.
- Able to find out insights beyond the superficial.
What we can offer you:
We don't settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
We have a number of programmes and initiatives designed to support your career and wellbeing. There are exciting knowledge sharing programmes delivered through lunch and learn sessions, cultural opportunities through our exchange programme, and you can have an impact on the wider community through one of our charity initiatives. Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us.
YOU Time will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations, supported by a range of learning options for every type of learning style. Your mind, body and soul are also taken care of through our varied wellness programmes but we like to have some fun here too, so you could get involved in our culture club, find love through Wunder Dating or if you’re the chosen one, take a spin on our Wheel of Wunder!
There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
Creative Digital Design Manager
Closing 9 March 2021
Senior UX Designer (Visual UI Design)
Closing 31 January 2021
- £Competitive salary plus benefits
Want more Junior UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.