Junior Sub Editor
Working across LADbible Group’s video channels, you will be responsible for proofreading and fact-checking video content before it’s published online, as well as ascertaining that all content meets the ethical standards and commercial requirements of the brand.
With our video content reaching an audience of 69 million monthly users, the role requires strong grammar skills, close attention to detail, and a good understanding of how to write for a viral video audience. A wide knowledge of popular/meme culture is also useful!
What the opportunity looks like:
- Spell-checking and fact-checking video content across all our brands
- Working with Video Editors to ensure each video tells a coherent and captivating story, and provide storytelling advice/coaching where necessary
- Working with the wider video team, including Social Editors and Video Editors, to ensure all content meets our ethical standards and commercial obligations
- Working with Channel Managers and Traffic Managers to adhere to video publishing schedules
- Always adhering to brand guidelines when posting content, ensuring all content is reflective of LADbible Group’s unique tone of voice
Skills and experience we’d like you to have:
- Experience of sub-editing/proofreading, preferably in a journalistic capacity
- An understanding of viral video, popular/meme culture and contemporary sensitivities
- The ability to shape a story that’s informative, entertaining and - where necessary - sensitively told
- Strong copywriting skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Working understanding of media law
At LADbible Group we've rolled out blended working which means the majority of departments across the business (including London, Manchester and International offices) work in the office 3 days per week.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us. As the leading social youth publisher, we have a powerful global platform to better represent our audience and enable those that do not have equal opportunities, to have their voices heard. As a business, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce, in an environment where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Intern Video Editor
Closing 16 December 2023
Closing 21 December 2023
- Springer Nature
Want more Junior Sub Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Journalist jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Proofreader jobs, Deputy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.