Junior Sky News Designer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic junior designer to join the News Design team. As a news designer you’ll work with award winning designers and journalists on fascinating topics and breaking news stories from around the world.
What you’ll do:
• Develop brand and information graphics for reactive multi-platform storytelling; on topics ranging from climate change in the Amazon to the NHS crisis and US Election!
• Create and develop a range of content from a 10 second snapchat post to a long-form documentary.
• Embrace the fast-pace and excitement of working in a world-class newsroom.
• Be a proactive member of the news design team, whilst also able to take design direction from senior design colleagues.
• Work a set rotation between shifts and regular working weeks. The shifts cover live breaking news output, either starting early (7am) or finishing late (10pm), Monday to Sunday.
• Be mindful about the editorial tone of our output.
What you’ll bring:
• A passion for current affairs and an interest in visual storytelling!
• Hands-on design experience in motion design, information design and branding.
• A comprehensive understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite (Viz Artist or Cinema4D knowledge is a bonus).
• Ability to think cross-platform: TV, mobile, web, social media and print.
• An understanding of the current Sky News brand identity and brand values.
• German or Italian fluency is a plus.
As part of Sky’s Consumer Group, Sky Creative Agency provides Advertising, Brand Design and Broadcast Creative for multiple partners across the business. We have recently integrated Sky Works, Sky’s in-house Trading agency to create a fully integrated 360 through-the-line operation.
Our work is varied, from Broadcast Design teams embedded in Sky News to specialist digital performance marketing teams, brand Advertising and Master brand ownership. We are leading the way in an industry wide trend for in-housing and day in day out we are relentless in raising the standards of our work.
Our ambition is to drive excellence in Sky’s advertising and to help build Europe’s leading entertainment brand. We are committed to diversity, inclusivity, and as Europe’s largest in-house agency, believe we can be role models for our industry.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 30 January 2022
- Bury St Edmunds
Closing 30 January 2022
- £25,000 to 30,000 per annum
Junior Designer, TV Broadcast – Sky Creative
Closing 22 January 2022
- Sky UK
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.