N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
Your role as a Junior Retoucher:
You will be working within a highly motivated team who work collaboratively to provide the best customer experience via our online ecom imagery. You will be responsible for providing high quality retouch to the still life and model ecom images that are produced in our in-house photography studios. As part of the Retouch Team, you will work to SOPs and an allocated workflow for ecom - both critical for quality standards for our customer facing communications.
- Working within Photoshop, evaluate all the studio outputs, ensuring that each asset meets or exceeds the agreed standards.
- Retouching ecom images (still life and model) across all N Brown brands to a high standard for the website, ensuring consistency across all.
- Responsible for any colour matching to physical garments that is required.
- Working to SOPs and allocated workflow, assigned by managers and more Senior colleagues.
- Working on multiple systems, downloading and uploading assets.
- Responsible for the fast processing & approval of assets and updating the production status plan.
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly change priorities.
- Where required, liaise with your stakeholders in the Studio and Buying to understand the exact retouch requirements.
- Develop & knowledge share with the team, to install production best practice, communication and decision-making excellence for long term efficiencies.
- Maintain an interest in the industry and fashion
What experience are we looking for?
- Entry level experience in a productive internal photo studio focussed on multi-channel asset production.
- Experience in Photoshop & digital retail production knowledge.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent people engagement skills.
- Pro-active, positive & flexible with a ‘can-do’ attitude, able to motivate colleagues to achieve excellence.
- Supports the development of others by sharing experience and expertise.
- An open-minded, flexible and positive attitude toward new challenges, with a willingness to implement new technologies and business change.
- An excellent working knowledge of retail asset production and Microsoft Office is.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!
Other jobs you may be interested in
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.