Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff.
Rewards and benefits:
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
- Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time or hybrid working.
- Generous annual leave that increases with length of service.
- Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations.
- Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies.
- Defined pension contribution scheme.
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme.
- Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days.
- Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment.
- Subsidised gym memberships.
- Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes.
- A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme.
- Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members.
- Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance.
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development.
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail.
As part of the busy Retouch department within Selfridges’ London Photo Studio operation team, as a Junior Retoucher, you will provide digital post-production retouching for all product imagery on the Selfridges website. A Junior Retoucher is responsible for retouching up to 80 to 90 images per day ensuring a high-quality finish is uploaded to the website within agreed business time frames. A development role with at least six months retouching experience, preferably in a commercial environment.
- Production retouching to fashion product imagery.
- Production retouching for Supplier imagery workflow.
- To meet daily KPI targets/agreed volumes.
- Provide accurate colour correction of product imagery.
- Fully briefed and compliant to current retouching guidelines.
- Ensuring a consistent finish, focused on agreed quality expectations.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Adobe Photoshop experience, preferably in a commercial environment.
- Solid technical understanding of PC/MAC and Adobe Photoshop.
- Team player with a positive outlook and manner.
- Willingness to learn new processes and software.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Proficient communicator.
About the Company:
Everyone is welcome:
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet:
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked. Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Picture Editor Apprentice
Closing 27 February 2023
start September 2023
- Channel 4
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
£20,972 per annum
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.