We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting- edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions.
Photographers at ASOS are highly organised, efficient, creative’s, who have an eye for fashion, photography and seamless operations. As one of our Junior Photographers, you will be working closely with the Seniors, Lead and Management at ASOS Studios. You will support department efficiency, whilst thinking commercially and innovatively to deliver the best e-commerce assets in the industry for our 20 something customer. You have the ability to successfully be a part of and support a team with a creative, strategic and operational mindset.
What you’ll be doing…
- Working within ASOS Studios, you will be required to represent and shoot our products, to the highest standards, true to our ASOS aesthetic
- Working primarily across Model shoots including capturing video, you will ensure all targets, shoot guides and KPI’s are followed and contribute to improvements in these areas
- Be required to work closely with the shoot team to ensure the shoot is executed to the highest standard
- Ensuring creative quality and volumetric KPIs are adhered to
- To develop and adapt your knowledge and skills into the shoots to ensure we are executing to the highest standards
- Adapting to different shoot types and shooting methods with a seamless execution
- Embrace team growth, transformation and development, ensuring the shoots are striving to support in the delivery of the department strategy
- Contributing to team and departmental meetings
- Follow and improve established processes to deliver agreed creative and quality standards in line with departmental strategy
- Working closely with your Senior to successfully deliver the department strategy. Build strong, professional and collaborative relationships with the wider studio team
- Demonstrating excellent brand awareness by identifying areas for review, researching ideas and assessing competition when required to ensure we are market leaders
- Support and suggest new workflow solutions to streamline departmental practices and processes
- Delivering projects to support the department strategy and any other adhoc tasks defined by the Senior and Lead
- Demonstrate good understanding of LED lighting, Capture One and Cannon camera system and the ability to translate this knowledge on set
- Fully support in the management of all studio kit and equipment
- Be responsible for conducting weekly inventory of all photography equipment to ensure it is current, in perfect working order, repaired quickly if necessary and in stock as part of our inventory
Who we’d like to meet…
- Great attention to detail with a natural flare for Photography
- Ability to adapt and execute different shooting methods and shoot types
- Good experience in model and still life product Photography
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of video capture
- Demonstrates the understanding and knowledge of how to execute the Photography treatments aligned with the ASOS aesthetics
- Be highly organised and pro-active in decision making and problem solving
- Have a can do attitude with the ability to work well as part of the team
- Strong organisation, prioritising and communication skills
- Proven ability to be able to multi-task and think creatively as a Photographer
- Good understanding of lighting and Capture One
- Strong computer literate skills
What's in it for you...
- Competitive salary, pension, and private medical care scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Flex benefits allowance - which you can chose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
- 25 days paid annual leave + an extra celebration day
- Employee discount (hello ASOS discount!)
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That’s why we’re committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how’re we doing it?
We’re proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We’ve also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
How can we support you to be your best self? Our Talent team will be happy to provide support e.g. if you need additional time to prepare for an assessment or you have requirements for any part of the interview/hiring process - just let us know by email or phone, whatever works best for you. It’s also our policy to interview all candidates with a disability who meet the minimum requirements for roles they have applied to.
If you have any questions about the policies we have in place to support our employees (e.g. our parental leave approach), just let our Talent team know.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.