Junior Motion Graphics Designer for Pearlfisher
Job title Junior Motion Graphics Designer
Location Pearlfisher London
- An exciting role that will help to expand Pearlfisher’s current offer and draw in new clients through the creation of rich and inspiring motion graphics.
We need you to
- Support the design, strategy and marketing teams to translate ideas and concepts across moving image/motion graphics and animated brand identity.
This is a key role requiring the highest level of
- Energy / Ambition / Motivation / Creative ability
You will show us that you have
- A strong portfolio or show-reel communicating idea-led design work
- The ability to take an idea and amplify, storyboard and creatively develop it into rich and inspiring content
- A strong working knowledge of your chosen software
- A good mix of animated styles to be adaptable to a wide range of different expressions
- A natural problem-solving attitude
You will definitely need to be
- A self-starter with the ambition to work in a multi-disciplinary brand design studio across a number of different projects
The bare minimum we need from you is
- An Art & Design degree and background specialising in motion graphics or animation
- Studio experience is helpful but not required
And the technical skills we’d appreciate are
- After Effects
Ideally, you will have experience of/exposure to
- Self-initiated or live briefs that capture a brand’s essence
The role in detail
As a Junior Motion Graphics Designer, you will be expected to:
- Understand and interpret the creative briefs from Design/Strategy/Marketing & Communications or other teams such as Futures and Business Development as required.
- Generate and create ideas for translating concepts across moving image/motion graphics and animated brand identity, expressing your creativity and telling a rich story through storyboarding and supplementary materials and inspiration.
- Present your ideas in reviews.
- Develop a point of view and opinion about your own work and that of others.
- Build on feedback from the wider team and competently develop and realise your ideas into a variety of content.
- Support the wider team and be responsible for the day-to-day upkeep of the design studio.
NB Pearlfisher reserves the right to amend your duties slightly or provide you with additional duties within your skills and competencies.
Assessment of success
Success will be viewed and measured in two ways:
i. Creativity: Creation of rich, inspiring and beautiful content that contributes to our award-winning culture.
ii. Commercial Effectiveness: Being conscious of deliverables, timeframes and budgets and appropriately preparing for meetings and reviews.
iii. Cultural Value: impact, value and contribution to our working culture.
You will report directly to Pearlfisher London’s Creative Director.
Please note that, due to the volume of applications and the need for our hiring team to assess these easily, we kindly ask that you upload your CV and some examples from your portfolio as a single PDF document that is smaller than 5MB. There is an opportunity to upload or link to a full portfolio as part of the application process, but the initial screening process will be based on this PDF, so please do choose your examples carefully.
When applying for this role you will be redirected to Pearlfishers careers site to complete a short application process, please note you will need to upload a CV and example of work to their website as desribed in the paragraph above.
Graphic Designer for University of Essex
Closing 19 October 2018
- University of Essex
- £24,667 to 27,742 p/a
Senior Designer - Being Brands
Closing 19 October 2018
start 1st October 2018
- Being Brands
Want more Junior Motion Graphics Designer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Digital Designer jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.