Junior Motion Designer for UKTV
This is a fixed term contract. Please include your portfolio or showreel with your application.
The Creative department in UKTV is unique within the broadcast industry because it has own in-house post facilities dedicated to creation of all on-air promotional work. Every effort has been made to ensure that the Creative team has all the tools available to create the best work possible and has a work environment that encourages and develops creative thinking.
The Creative department works closely with the wider Marketing team, acting as a point of creative continuity and cohesion across all elements of the marketing mix; ensuring that we receive optimum service, value and quality of work from our agencies. UKTV operates to a matrix structure, with the wider Marketing Team consisting of brand marketers embedded within multi-functional channel teams, and the central functions of Network Marketing, Media Planning, Continuity & Navigation, and Digital & Social Media.
Reporting into UKTV's Head of Design you will be responsible for the creation of the design elements & motion graphics for various campaigns and promotions across a mix of diverse channel brands.
In conjunction with this you will also be required to work in creative partnership with the wider UKTV Creative team to ensure that all the design elements of priority campaigns are delivered as part of a fully integrated 360 advertising campaign.
As a motion Designer at UKTV you will be instrumental in implementing the brand guidelines for the different channel brands and in realising an overall creative vision for UKTV. We are creatively ambitious, with the desire to make a bold statement through our proven business building creative; by improving (yr on yr) on our current Promax tally of 5 golds, 2 silvers and a bronze, and by successfully competing beyond broadcast, with the marketing & creative community at large.
- Reporting into the Head of Design and working alongside with channel Creatives and Creative Managers, to deliver strong conceptual and creative solutions that adhere to the channels brand guidelines but at the same time stands out and engages the target audience
- Demonstrates an understanding of the channel brands and content, ensuring consistent design standards and approaches across the channel brands.
- Digital out of home displays, including but not limited to, transvision, D6 screens and animated escalator panels.
- Be well organised and successfully juggles multiple projects, prioritising accordingly across several channels.
- Takes the initiative to propose & 'own' design solutions; involving & aligning other stakeholders in a timely fashion - also collaborate with, oversee and mentor the more junior members of the design team.
- Build productive working relationships with both internal creative teams & external agencies, liaising constructively with internal & external stakeholders to get buy-in to design elements in response to brief.
- Foster inter-departmental collaboration, inspiring trust and confidence to deliver world class creative work
- Maintain a high degree of self-motivation and autonomy, taking the initiative and operating independently against agreed objectives; involving stakeholders accordingly.
- Has an understanding of market rates / costs (creative services) and production techniques/ capabilities to ensue work presented is achievable within campaign budget.
- Proactively responds to campaign & channel performance, identifying issues & opportunities, driving change
- Ensure that UKTV Creative is a key enabler in realising key business, brand, and marketing objectives.
- Constantly seek new creative horizons and strive to maximise creative impact & efficacy
- To ensure that all creative work is underpinned by a fertile, and strategically relevant creative idea
- To ensure that all executional work remains true to the creative idea and brand identity, and is consistent across all on & off-air mediums
Knowledge, skills & experience
- To be a role model within the Creative department & business at large, living the UKTV behaviours, and championing “best practise” approaches across all creative areas
- A thorough understanding of the TV industry (Pay & Free platforms) and the competitor landscape, with deep product knowledge - television marketing, on-air promotions, creative processes, and Broadcast in general
- Good knowledge of the creative development & production process; on & off air
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of current production tools and equipment, along with knowledge of software packages. These must include After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Good knowledge and understanding of 3D platforms and applications. This should include Cinema 4D and its various plug ins. 3D modelling and character animation skills would be a benefit.
- Exceptional design skills, with the necessary experience to creatively work across all media (on air, off air, design & branding)
- A team player that is happy to share ideas, take constructive feedback from teammates and take on additional workload when required.
- An excellent communicator with a proven ability to inspire trust and confidence, and influence up to a senior level, both internally & externally.
- A brilliant collaborator who is excellent at taking and implementing feedback
- The drive & passion to creatively stand out from the crowd and a refusal to accept work that is second best.
- An excellent attention to detail and a talent for timing, use of colour and composition.
Due to a high volume of applications we're afraid if you don't hear back from us within 28 days your application has been unsuccessful. Please note we may take this role down due to high volumes of applications.
Closing 13 April 2019
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Graphics Media Developer (Illustrator) for Open University
Closing 19 April 2019
- Open University
- Milton Keynes
- 33,199 to 39,609 p/a
Want more Junior Motion Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Animator jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Digital Illustrator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.