Junior Motion Designer - Sky Sports News
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact-pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Sky Sports News graphics department are responsible for designing and delivering major on-air projects such as Transfer Deadline Day with Jim White, The Masters and Ryder Cup coverage, Formula 1 and many other major sporting events including Sky Sports Box Office events. We design graphics not only for on-screen play out in the form of stings, bumpers, promos etc, but also content for our 22ft studio video wall, skypad touchscreens and digital media - Faye, Design Producer.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
The role of junior motion graphics VizRT designer will be to provide inventive, inspired and creatively excellent motion graphics and animation solutions for Sky Sports News live daily output and longer-term projects, using Viz RT kit as well as adobe and 3D software.
The shift pattern is 4 days on with 4 days off, working 2x blocks of early shifts followed by 2x blocks of late shifts on repeat. Early shifts start at 4.30am to 2pm and the late shifts start at 2pm to 12am.
- Demonstrate strong design skills to build VizRT graphics to support the daily news stories.
- Provide design and production support within a typical broadcast and multi-media environment, assisting senior team members.
- Be self-confident, flexible, motivated and a good communicator.
- Understand and work to meet the department’s aims and objectives.
- Learn the VizRT kit and use on a daily shift basis as the core part of your role.
- Must have formal design training with a broad interest and awareness of art and design.
- Must have comprehensive understanding of current production tools and equipment with knowledge of AppleMac/Adobe software, particularly After Effects.
- Be a flexible, self-confident individual with an interest in sport and empathy for the creative process.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
Graphic and Motion Design Lead
Closing 20 October 2019
- Lloyds Banking Group
- £60,825 to 81,100 p/a
Middleweight Designer/Creative Artworker
Closing 15 November 2019
- GQ Design
Want more Junior Motion Designer - Sky Sports News jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.