Junior Image Retoucher
About the role:
Our marketing team are currently looking for an Image Retoucher to join them at Matalan's Head Office in Liverpool; working with our fashion, Still life and Ecomm imagery to ensure they are fit for purpose and to the highest of standards for use across our channels.
You'll have the exposure of working closely with the Senior Multimedia Editor, helping to manage and maintain the asset library as well as supporting internal comms and the social team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Optimising, adjusting and retouching images in line with the company guidelines/brief.
- Supporting with photography, helping create imagery for channels including; internal comms and social channels.
- Ensuring brand consistency whist innovating for the future.
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships across the company and third parties.
- Regularly reviewing competitor’s activities, keeping up to date with the latest trends & fashions.
- Implementing and helping develop the media post production process; retouching, proofing, approval and asset storage.
- Working with the activity timeline and job management system to ensure all deadlines are achieved.
- Previous retouching experience - preferably retail but this is not essential.
- Well-rounded editing experience across multiple channels, print to digital.
- Excellent knowledge of end-to-end editing of print and digital assets.
- Experience of working with brand guidelines.
- High level of technical proficiency in Mac OS and Adobe CC software – Photoshop, Lightroom and Capture One are essential. The knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects will be desirable.
- Strong understanding of colour correction, colour theory and lighting.
- Good understanding of photography and photography processes.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun!
As part of the Matalan family, you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities. Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role.
We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this. In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.